Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Frist takes another hit.

http://<br /> <a href="http://www.n...s_id=50188</a>

FEC hits Frist camp with $11,000 fine
    By Jared Allen, jallen@nashvillecitypaper.com
    June 02, 2006

The Federal Election Commission has fined Sen. Bill Frist’s re-election campaign $11,000 for failing to accurately report a $1.44 million bank loan taken out by the majority leader’s re-election committee.

News of the initial FEC complaint against Frist 2000 Inc. broke in June 2005, after it was filed by watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

Denied hiding loan in July

In July, Frist addressed the media to deny that he had attempted to hide the $1.44 million loan, as the FEC complaint charged.

At the time, Frist told the Atlanta Journal Constitution the loan paperwork filed with the FEC was “all done within the FEC guidelines.”

On Thursday, Frist officials said they had reached a conciliatory agreement with the FEC.

“The Frist 2000 campaign settled a FEC complaint over a reporting matter about how a loan taken out by the 1994 campaign was reported,” said Jason Torchinsky, an attorney for the Frist 2000 campaign. “The loan was fully disclosed, but what the FEC ultimately suggested, we believe, would have resulted in double reporting of the loan.”

Tennessee Democrats came out charging upon hearing the news Thursday afternoon.

“How can Tennesseans trust Washington Republicans when we’re told once again that Bill Frist has attempted to keep his activities hidden from the public eye?” Bob Tuke, chairman of the Tennessee Democratic Party, said in a statement sent Thursday to reporters.

“His failure to report the flow of millions of dollars into his campaign coffers — reportedly to cover stock market losses — exemplifies the type of shady activity that has disgusted voters and become common practice in Washington during Frist’s time as leader of the Senate.”

Last year the FEC fined Frist’s Volunteer PAC — which raised $4 million in the 2004 election cycle — $10,000 for misreporting its finances.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

If he's hiding these things, then the truth needs to come to light.

He looked in Bill O'Reilly's face and told a bold face lie, that much, I do know

His investments and financial activities have come into question a few times.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen

He looked in Bill O'Reilly's face and told a bold face lie, that much, I do know
    You know what they say, everytime a politican is moving his/her lips, he/she is lying.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Who is in control?

It it just amazing how politicians will simply come to an agreement or settlement even though overwhelming evidence indicates impropriety. This is what happens when government has no term limits with the resultant institutionalization of elected officials. I wonder what dastardly deeds McKain and Kennedy are involved in along with their brother Bush. I also read an article about MS-13's very large presence in Maryland resulting in numerous crimes as murder, robberies, rapes, thefts and break-ins especially in the area where the alleged "loss" of veterans data ocurred.

1. Iraq mess
    2. Immigration mess
    3. New orleans still unprepared for 2006 hurricane season
    4. "loss" of my and other veterans personal data to drug cartels and illegal aliens
    5. Just being jackasses and wastes of taxpayer dollars

INVESTIGATE AND IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!!

THE SENATE: The most corrupt institution money can buy!!!!!!!

Yet, another one !? These people are unbelievable.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm still waiting for the investigation into his "alleged" insider trading of his blind trust stocks in his family's US Healthcare Company -which his brother is President of- to be dealt with by the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen

He looked in Bill OReilly's face and told a bold face lie, that much, I do know
    Frist probably WAS hiding the truth. Its the latest fad in DC now, to see how far you can go, before getting caught.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLun
    I'm still waiting for the investigation into his "alleged" insider trading of his blind trust stocks in his family's US Healthcare Company -which his brother is President of- to be dealt with by the SEC

Is that the SouthEastern Conference? I'd love to see the Tide roll over him

Yeah...Frist snuck through that trade with few scars. I have another way to get at him and his family....Let Billy Boy do it. His family has been great for Middle Tennessee and have met some of them at fundraisers. His family is wonderful to say the least. Billy Boy is a sellout and everything his family has worked for in Middle Tennessee is going to go to crap (some already has) because of illegal migrants.