Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GA: Angry calls flood senators

Angry calls flood senators

By BOB KEMPER
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 05/22/07

Washington — Angry Georgians on Monday continued to inundate the state's U.S. senators with phone calls and e-mails opposing the immigration compromise bill the two Republicans helped craft.

"The phones are still ringing," said Lindsay Mabry, a spokesman for Sen. Saxby Chambliss.

Chambliss, ranking member of the Senate agriculture committee, was primarily involved in negotiating provisions of the bill dealing with migrant farm workers. But the provision that has riled most callers is one that would allow existing illegal immigrants to gain citizenship relatively quickly and without being required to return to their home countries first.

Conservatives have tagged the provision "amnesty" for immigrants who broke the law. Some booed Chambliss at last weekend's state Republican convention when he tried to talk about the compromise, which sets goals for beefed-up border security that must be met before any of the other reforms can take effect.

Sen. Johnny Isakson — who originated the idea of wedding the reforms pushed by liberals with the border security concerns of conservatives — was also getting his share of the blowback.

"The vast majority of the calls we're getting are that it's a bad bill," said Joan Kirchner, spokeswoman for Isakson. "There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it's reflected in the calls."

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/s ... ation.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"The vast majority of the calls we're getting are that it's a bad bill," said Joan Kirchner, spokeswoman for Isakson. "There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it's reflected in the calls.
    Of course, it probably never occurred to the staffer, that the misinformation may be lurking in the minds of the senator's staffers - and not in the minds of the public.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Joan Kirchner, spokeswoman for Isakson. "There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it's reflected in the calls."
    Kirchner hasn't read it either!

Yea bucko, we've seen the summary! We know it's amnesty!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"
    There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it's reflected in the calls."
    Yeah only with the so called pro amnesty Senators
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Ehat exactly do we have wrong? All I ever read is how they are saying its not amnesty... Convince me its not... Explain it to me.. I know I might be too dumb to understand.. but try...
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

"There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it's reflected in the calls."
    Another politician that thinks, We The People, are just a bunch of dumb peasants.

We know exactly what the bill says and we know it's amnesty.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

That is outrageous. Johnny and Saxby's (I only refer to these two by their first names, no longer put the title of "Senator" either).....Johnny and Saxby claim that we, the people are misinformed.

Johnny, if anyone is misinformed it's you.

Do you know what a staffer in Johnny's office told me?!! He said that Johnny was FOR the bill because it's the only way to secure the borders!!

I was telling my husband about that and even our third grader started laughing and recognized what a rediculous thing for him to say.

Even a third grader can see through your attempt to deceive the people of Georgia in order to appease your buddy in the White House.

Clean that office up!! You have flunked out, just like Clay Shaw did in Florida! YOUR replacement is on the way.