Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GA: A new radio spot in defense of the immigration bill

A new radio spot in defense of the immigration bill
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 01:48 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

One of the truisms of Georgia politics is that, if you bring the business community into a fight, it will certainly add clout. But count on that clout striking a bit behind the beat.

Just in time for the second round of debate, Georgia Employers for Immigration Reform on Tuesday launched a first round of radio ads in defense of the immigration reform deal in Washington. We heard it on, of all places, the Neal Boortz program on WSB.

We first learned of GEIR last month, during the state Republican convention.

The chairman is Wayne Lord, vice president for governmental affairs with Pilgrim’s Pride, the largest poultry company in Georgia. We’re looking for a complete membership list.

Here’s the ad.

The 60-second spot argues that should immigrant labor disappear — the narrator never uses the world ‘illegal’ — then “native-born Americansâ€

We need to reply with a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

Unemployment low. What a LIE!

[edit] wow - someone already did reply with the vid. I love this place!

MW
    We heard it on, of all places, the Neal Boortz program on WSB.
    I wonder if Boortz knew his show would be hosting the advertisement? I believe Neal Boortz is against illegal immigration and amnesty, isn't he?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Low unemployment

Nationwide unemployment is about 4.5% What would it be if we didn't have 10-20 million illegal immigrants?

How about 2% unemployment. That's what I would call a low unemployment figure. Our businesses wouldn't go under, we would have to pay more for our chicken, our strawberries, etc.

However health insurance coverage would be cheaper without billions of dollars per year in uncollectable debt due to care given to illegals. Unemployment benefits would be better for the few who really don't have a job. Jobs would be more plentifull and wages would increase.

Hmmmm.

Sounds like the ad only gives one side of the issue. Not surprised.
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!