Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GA: Police: Illegal immigrant charged with raping teen

Had to hunt around some for the location. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    ~~
    Police: Illegal immigrant charged with raping teen

By DON LEHMAN
    dlehman@poststar.com
    Monday, December 31, 2007 4:36 PM EST

HEBRON — An illegal immigrant from Mexico was arrested Friday night on charges he raped a teenage girl in Hebron, and police said the man may face charges in another state as well.

Jose DeLaCruz, 21, was charged with first-degree rape, a felony, and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor for allegedly forcing the girl to have sex earlier this year, according to Washington County Sheriff’s Investigator Bruce Hamilton. He’s also accused of threatening her with harm if she told anyone, Hamilton said.

DeLaCruz works as a laborer at an area farm and is believed to have had a sexual relationship with the girl for several years, including during a time when she lived outside the area, police said. It appears he followed the girl and her family to Hebron, authorities said.

Hamilton said he plans to notify police in the area from which the family moved for possible prosecution there as well. The Post-Star is not identifying where the family moved from to protect the girl’s identity.

"This has been going on for about five years, and he’s been here for several years," Hamilton said.

The girl disclosed the allegations recently to a counselor with whom she had been working, he said.

DelaCruz has apparently been in the country since around 2000 and has not had any prior arrests or apparent contact with immigration officials, Hamilton said.

"He’s been under ICE’s (Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s) radar," he said.

Hamilton said he planned to contact ICE on Wednesday to let them know of the arrest and of DeLaCruz’s immigration status.

Additional charges are likely when the case is presented to a Warren County grand jury, police said.

DeLaCruz was arraigned before Hebron Town Justice Marvin Day and was sent to Washington County Jail for lack of $100,000 cash bail or $200,000 bail bond.

First-degree rape is punishable by up to 25 years in state prison.

Hamilton and sheriff’s Deputy Todd Riche handled the case.

www.poststar.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm sorry, but if he's been having sex with this girl for 5 years, it seriously negates the charge of "rape".

This girl was likely a willing participant. I'm not saying that this scum-bag wasn't completely wrong in having sex with an underage girl (I assume she was underage); however, you can't convince me that in 5 years this girl couldn't have spoken up sooner???
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

The statutory rape law embodies the idea that a person under a certain age cannot possibly give informed and knowledgeable consent to sexual relations with a partner over a certain age. The closer the minor in age to 18, the lesser the penalties. It does not matter if it has been going on for 5 years. That's close to saying that because a person was a slave for 5 years, they consented to it.

Quote Originally Posted by notyou
    The statutory rape law embodies the idea that a person under a certain age cannot possibly give informed and knowledgeable consent to sexual relations with a partner over a certain age. The closer the minor in age to 18, the lesser the penalties. It does not matter if it has been going on for 5 years. That's close to saying that because a person was a slave for 5 years, they consented to it.
    notyou...I understand the point you're making. However, NOBODY could have raped me for 5 years straight, regardless of my age, without me saying something.

I'm a woman. I can go back to a very young age and tell you with total conviction that if an older man was forcing me into sexual intercourse, no matter how young and naive and immature I was, I WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING TO SOMEBODY.

I stand by what I said.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by notyou
    notyou...I understand the point you're making. However, NOBODY could have raped me for 5 years straight, regardless of my age, without me saying something.

I'm a woman. I can go back to a very young age and tell you with total conviction that if an older man was forcing me into sexual intercourse, no matter how young and naive and immature I was, I WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING TO SOMEBODY.

I stand by what I said.

Well said ! ! !