Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ga. Senate antes up on immigration reform

Ga. Senate antes up on immigration reform

The Georgia Senate approved an immigration reform bill Monday that would force most Georgia businesses to make sure the workers they hire are in the U.S. legally.

The legislation, which passed 34-21 and now goes to the House, would require businesses with five or more employees to enroll in E-Verify, a federal Web-based system that screens for illegal workers.

The Republican-controlled General Assembly enacted a law five years ago that applies the E-Verify mandate to companies seeking government contracts.

GOP legislative leaders now want to expand that law to the private sector to try to curb an influx of illegal immigrants into Georgia that is driving up the costs of education, health care and law enforcement across the state.

“Illegal immigration hurts Georgia taxpayers,â€

Glorious San Diego, and I intend on keeping it that way!!!

Re: Ga. Senate antes up on immigration reform

[quote="jamesw62"]Ga. Senate antes up on immigration reform

The Georgia Senate approved an immigration reform bill Monday that would force most Georgia businesses to make sure the workers they hire are in the U.S. legally

Well, well, well, I like what I see here!! I had to read it 3 times, just to make sure I was reading it correctly! Think I'll do the VICTORY dance now!
    Hopefully now that this State is stepping up, others will follow their lead and not be so afraid to come out of their "safety boxes"!!!
    <div>"Diversified"*does NOT*mean invading*our Country and forcing their culture and language,**stealing jobs,*using fake ID',s, living on government benefits, and flying their flag over ours! </div>