Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Garbage in, garbage out: Pushing for amnesty

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 86096.html

Garbage in, garbage out: Pushing for amnesty ...

Saturday, December 30, 2006

They're calling it a "bipartisan" effort to give illegal aliens "a simpler path to citizenship." Let's call it what it is -- garbage.

It's amnesty, first and foremost, but also weakness, capitulation and a mistaken sense of "compromise" that will cause irreparable damage to this country.

Sens. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., no champion of common sense, and John McCain, R-Ariz., no guardian of political speech rights, are leading the amnesty effort. They're joined by Reps. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., who doesn't know better, and Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., who should.

Key to the deal-making appears to be the elimination of a requirement in a Senate-passed bill forcing millions of illegals to leave the United States before even being considered for citizenship. There's even talk of denying money to build a 700-mile fence along our border with Mexico.

Mr. Flake tells The New York Times that the November elections disabused many Republicans of the notion that opposing amnesty would win widespread support. "That illusion is gone," he said.

So, our federal leaders are about to repeat the mistake of 20 years ago that fueled a greater run on this country's underfortified borders? That's not "compromise." That's not "bipartisanship." It's a gross dereliction of duty that yet again proves "immigration reform" and "lip service" indeed are synonymous.

I am getting to the point that when I read things like this, I am unable to post. Becuase all I have to write are threats of what I am going to do if something like this passes.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Hi Crusader01 and TexasCowgirl,

I think it was on the PBS radio that Kennedy and McCain are, in fact, calling it amnesty.

Questions.

Does this mean that (assuming Kennedy and McCain have their way) that the illegals will bypass the H-5B visa, bypass the green card process, bypass the naturalization process and get full citizenship?

It was, in fact, on the PBS radio broadcast that revised or new immigraiton bill from Kennedy and McCain will NOT require any kind of criminal background checks and will NOT require illegals to cross the border then return (as was originally envisioned).

Why do you suppose they want it done this way? 22 to 31 million more democratic voters just in time for the 2008 election. Hillary and/or Osama Obama won't even have to campaign in order to win.

Guess it isn't enough that millions(?) of illegals are already registered voters (registered during the mob demonstration)!?

Maybe this website needs a "High Treason Hall of Infamy!" The "Jimmy Carter style" acts of treason being committed by these US senators makes the Walker Spy Ring and Benedict Arnold look like milk-fed puppies.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Re: Garbage in, garbage out: Pushing for amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader01
    There's even talk of denying money to build a 700-mile fence along our border with Mexico.

Mr. Flake tells The New York Times that the November elections disabused many Republicans of the notion that opposing amnesty would win widespread support. "That illusion is gone," he said.
    I never thought they would fund the 700 mile fence. It was just an election year gimmick. They could have very easily have funded it when they authorized it to be built and they made an active decision not to do it. Besides, they filled it so full of holes by allowing local's to choose a virtual fence instead it really was nothing more than window dressing anyway.

It was, in fact, on the PBS radio broadcast that revised or new immigraiton bill from Kennedy and McCain will NOT require any kind of criminal background checks and will NOT require illegals to cross the border then return (as was originally envisioned).
    I can't believe that they could get away with that. If that is the case, the citizens of this country should file a lawsuit against them.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

lawsuit, all well and good, to slow though we have to do something a little more drastic then that! In the meantime, I suggest tuesday or whenever they go back to work we bombard them, blitz them with calls, emails and letters I mean everyone on here!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    lawsuit, all well and good, to slow though we have to do something a little more drastic then that! In the meantime, I suggest tuesday or whenever they go back to work we bombard them, blitz them with calls, emails and letters I mean everyone on here!
    Yes I second that! Come on group lets really all get those phones and fax machines a buzzing come Tuesday! Emails too!