Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Georgians need to be wary of open borders with Mexico

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com

Your views
    LETTER

On March 30-31, President Bush went to Cancun, Mexico, to visit with President Vicente Fox of Mexico to discuss the misnamed Security and Prosperity Partnership. Promoters of the Free Trade Area of the Americas have created SPP as a stepping stone to achieving their overall goal of completely canceling sovereignty in the Western Hemisphere just as the European Union has done in Europe.

The SPP actually calls for elimination of the borders separating the three nations already entangled in the North American Free Trade Agreement: the United States, Mexico and Cananda. This would, of course, bring a new flood of foreigners across our borders.

Fox also wants the spendable incomes of Mexico's illegal immigrants in the United States. An article in the Nov. 8, 2004, issue of a major Atlanta paper states: "Because of the $14 billion that Mexicans in the U.S. sent back home last year, making remittances the country's second-most important source of income after oil, those immigrants are a powerful constituency for Mexican President Vicente Fox."

Econ Smith, a publication of The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, in an article in its third quarter, 2004 issue, further stated: "In recent years, payments sent by immigrant workers back to their home countries have soared." It further states: "The majority of Hispanics in the U.S come from Mexico, the world's largest remittance receiving country; a 2003 Pew Hispanic Center report says 18 percent of all adults there receive remittances originating in the U.S."

This shines a new light on the claim by supporters of illegal immigration that incomes of these workers are critical to local communities. Income that is sent to Mexico does not enter the economy of smalltown Georgia. It isn't spent for housing, transportation, clothing or other merchandise, benefiting the local economy. It doesn't pay the state and local taxes that are required to support the crushing burden placed by these workers on our state and local health care systems, our schools and other taxpayer-supported services like roads, water, sewer, etc.

On April 19, 2006, an Atlanta paper headline read: "Mexico blasts Georgia illiegals law." A spokesman for Fox attacked the Georgia law, which requires verification of the legal status of those seeking certain taxpayer-funded services.

To those who say that illegal immigration should be left to the federal government, we should point out that Bush and his friend Fox are doing everything in their power to open our borders to illegals. Bush and some leaders in Congress, like Sens. Edward Kennedy, John McCain and Hillary Clinton, want amnesty for illegals, encouraging more to come.

Fox loves it; he says, keep the greenbacks coming. And he doesn't want any Georgians messing with his honey pot.

Let's keep the heat on Sens. Chambliss and Isakson and our Georgia House members to stop this madness. Pressure on Congress to strengthen and enforce immigration laws is the key, not amnesty.

Joe Inglis

Clarkesville

Originally published Thursday, June 1, 2006
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The SPP actually calls for elimination of the borders separating the three nations
    no President, Congress or other government agency has the Constitutional power to dissolve OUR country -- it is frightening that GWB is in fact doing just that without resistance from Congress or the American people -- the reason being, not many even know
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie, I agree. My husband says I've become such a conspiracy theorist now, but I'm afraid these neo-con vulcans who are controlling the executive will stop at nothing to get what they want. I know people have posted on the Jefferson raid and the shooting at the Capitol, these are all things that make you go hmmmm.... maybe there is something to all this conspiracy stuff. It surprises me that I think this way now, but I'm still more surprised and disgusted that the majority of Americans don't pay enough attention to the world around them. They're too busy with American Idol! But I think more are waking up. My mother even took a page out of my book and got fired up enough about something to call Washington DC for the first time a few weeks ago. I was so proud.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but I can connect the dots ... things aren't looking too good for the American people. My sister told me I was 'obsessed' -- I assured her time was short and right now, like everyone here, trying to help save our country is my life!

I think I made a little headway last night though. I told her about social security for illegals and how when an illegal, regardless of country of origin, commits a crime they get deported -- they didn't think that was fair.

Personally I get disgusted when they are more upset about Chris getting kicked off American Idol and who won.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie, you've been doing a great job trying to help our country for a long time. I know how informed you are, how well you understand the way our government works and operates and I have full confidence that you're connecting the dots just right.

Thank you for being here for so long and for taking the time to say so much on behalf of all of us and our children.

If it wasn't for Americans like you, I do not know where our country would be right now. All I know is that it would be in worse shape than it already is and headed for even worse. Because of Americans like you, there is hope for US. Thank God.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well said, Legal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Georgians need to be wary of open borders with Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    http://www.gainesvilletimes.com

Promoters of the Free Trade Area of the Americas have created SPP as a stepping stone to achieving their overall goal of completely canceling sovereignty in the Western Hemisphere just as the European Union has done in Europe.

The SPP actually calls for elimination of the borders separating the three nations already entangled in the North American Free Trade Agreement: the United States, Mexico and Cananda. This would, of course, bring a new flood of foreigners across our borders.

Originally published Thursday, June 1, 2006
    Who actually benifits from this crap other than Mexico and corporate America? What will Mexico contribute other than another 20 million of their little brown monkeys?
    When the European Union was formed, at least they were smart enough to not include Russia.
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>