Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Geraldo Reacts to Young Marine Shot Dead by an Illegal Alien

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236518,00.html

This is a partial transcript from "The O'Reilly Factor," December 13, 2006, that has been edited for clarity.

Watch "The O'Reilly Factor" weeknights at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET and listen to the "Radio Factor!"

BILL O'REILLY, HOST: Thanks for staying with us. I'm Bill O'Reilly.

In the "Geraldo" segment this week, the crackdown on illegal immigrants and those who hire them and the shocking, shocking report about the Duke lacrosse rape case.

And here he is, star of the syndicated program, "Geraldo at Large", Geraldo himself.

Here's his mother, you know, and the lawyer and he was this Marine, and he comes back, and this guy kills her — and you know, and Homeland Security knew that he had this [rap] sheet, and nobody did anything.

If you were the father of that Marine, you'd do the same thing, wouldn't you?

GERALDO RIVERA, HOST, "GERALDO AT LARGE": Definitely. But I want to say — I want to say a couple of things I think it's very important for me to say. Because if I don't say it, no one else is going to say it.

(Story continues below)

I feel terrible for that family and their loss and the two other victims of this Miguel Padilla, who by all accounts is a terrible person. And he's sentenced to die now. His appeals will drag on for a while, because of some complicated issues...

O'REILLY: The Mexican government wants him back. You know all of that.

RIVERA: Well, the Mexican government, like many governments, does not have a death penalty.

O'REILLY: A death penalty, right.

RIVERA: But I want to say this as crystal clear as I possibly can. I feel sorry for every family of the over 16,000 murder victims in our country. This is not an issue of illegal immigration. This is an issue of a scum bag murderer who killed three people.

O'REILLY: But it's more than that. You must see that. If you have a system that will not deport violent people when they shouldn't be here in the first place...

RIVERA: Oh, I have no objection.

O'REILLY: That's the story. The system is broken.

RIVERA: I believe that once an illegal alien falls into the criminal justice system...

O'REILLY: Right, and they still let him go.

RIVERA: ... and he does his time, he has to get deported.

O'REILLY: There was no time!

RIVERA: He has to get deported.

O'REILLY: Right. There was no time. Two — two convictions.

RIVERA: But still — her beef is that he had these processes, and they were misdemeanor convictions.

O'REILLY: But they were violent convictions, and they pled him down. They pled him down.

RIVERA: Her beef is that once he was in the criminal justice system then they should have referred...

O'REILLY: Booted him out! Right!

RIVERA: And on that I have no argument.

O'REILLY: Right.

RIVERA: But that's not about the 11 million or more illegal aliens in this country...

O'REILLY: No. Nobody is condemning...

RIVERA: ... like most meat workers. That is the biggest jive mass bust. I'm telling you, what they did to Swift & Company. I did a documentary in 19 — in 2000, in the year 2000, on the Hispanic burgeoning population. I based — I did every one of those meat-packing plants. I went all through the heartland of this country. Everybody knew who worked at the Swift and Company.

O'REILLY: So they have to start punishing them now!

RIVERA: And for the government to raid and say they're raiding it because of some other criminal act, that is a bunch of baloney and they should be ashamed of themselves...

O'REILLY: Well, wait a minute.

RIVERA: The people raiding the meat packing plants should have been going after the Miguel Padilla's of the world, these violent people and deporting them.

O'REILLY: You've got to do it all. You've got to do it all.

RIVERA: You have to regulate and normalize these people's existence. The fact that they could work in the Swift and Company plant, every church is a Spanish church in that town. Every restaurant's a Spanish restaurant.

O'REILLY: I'm not — I'm not opposed to that.

RIVERA: They speak Spanish on the streets. Anyone who wants to pretend they didn't know is a hypocrite.

O'REILLY: Listen, you have to do it all. You have to figure out a way to normalize it.

RIVERA: You have to have a comprehensive immigration plan.

O'REILLY: You've got to punish Swift and other people who do this.

RIVERA: Swift and Company, closed. The — they produce, I don't know, a huge percentage of our processed meat in this country. They closed for the day. I don't know when they're going to reopen. Who benefits from that? Who benefits? Some P.R. guy at I.C.E., who says, look...

O'REILLY: It sends a message to other people.

RIVERA: Do you feel safer that they closed Swift and Company because they're illegal aliens?

O'REILLY: Do I feel safer? You know what I feel safer about? That finally the federal government is looking at the border, is looking at the businesses. And I want them to start looking at that.

RIVERA: This is Iowa.

O'REILLY: It doesn't matter where it is!

RIVERA: People have families. They have roots there.

O'REILLY: Everybody has family.

RIVERA: Do you what it's like to work in a meat packing plant? Do you know what it's like to kill those cows?...

O'REILLY: Geez, I can't believe you.

RIVERA: And carve those steaks? Do you know why they're working there, they're almost exclusively illegal? Because no citizen will take that crappy job.

O'REILLY: That's bull. I don't believe that for a second.

RIVERA: It is not, Bill, why do you think they're doing it?

O'REILLY: Because Mexico can't provide them with jobs. That's why!

RIVERA: But United States unemployment is four percent. Where are you going to find people to fill those jobs? You can't. You can't.

O'REILLY: Then they come here legally. Then they come here legally.

RIVERA: Build your seven foot wall for seven hundred billion dollars.

O'REILLY: I'll put you in charge and you can be in charge of the guest worker program.

RIVERA: I should be!

O'REILLY: Let them come here legally.

RIVERA: I'd throw Padilla's behind out of this country. These hard-working people deserve these jobs.

O'REILLY: You are basically saying to every person south of the border come on here and come here anyway you can.

RIVERA: The Minuteman and the nativists who are against these people, do you want this job? I'm going to give you $40,000. Do you want to cut the heads off cows? Do you want that job?

O'REILLY: You can do that legally. You can set up the program where they would get those jobs.

RIVERA: You know why the union is fighting for them? Because they are the union. And that's why...

O'REILLY: I know that. They want them as members.

RIVERA: Those people should have green cards. They are vital to the national security. No one else wants that job.

O'REILLY: If it were your program this thing would never stop. And it's got to stop.

All right. Now we've got to get to Duke.

RIVERA: OK.

O'REILLY: Now this is in the Raleigh...

RIVERA: Terrible, Duke. What happened is terrible.

O'REILLY: Yes. This is in the Raleigh newspaper today: DNA found on the rape accuser.— And we know this is a bogus case now, we've said this for months. — Does not watch the three defendants. It's over, right?

RIVERA: It should have been over when they had the rigged lineup.

RIVERA: The photo lineup where only suspects were included. There are constitutional infirmities. This case cannot survive even if it got a conviction, could not survive appeal.

RIVERA: This should have been dropped. The fact that you have now potential prosecutorial misconduct. What is it? A DNA test result that was not given to the defense. It is fundamental justice in our country...

O'REILLY: Can we arrest and go after Nifong? Can we put him in jail? Can we do that?

RIVERA: Well, I don't know who's responsible for suppressing the information.

O'REILLY: It's Nifong, is the guy.

RIVERA: Maybe it was the police investigator. I mean, it certainly deserves someone to check it out.

O'REILLY: But say it's Nifong. Say Nifong held back the DNA report...

RIVERA: Intentionally?

O'REILLY: Yes. —that clears the three kids. Would you put him in jail for that?

RIVERA: I would argue — I would argue that...

O'REILLY: Can you and Greta get him in jail? You're both attorneys. Can you and Greta get the guy in jail?

RIVERA: That would be a violation of the criminal code of North Carolina.

O'REILLY: I want this Nifong in jail.

And I want you and Greta to put him there. All right? That's not too much to ask?

RIVERA: Not so much. As long as you let these other people stay in the country and do their jobs.

O'REILLY: Yes, everybody, Geraldo. And they'll all live at your house.

Not a surprise...and anyway who cares what Rivera thinks? Get back in the vault Heraldo.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

No citizen will take that "crappy" job??? Who is the heck was doing that job BEFORE the illegals??? My gosh to listen to some of the pro-illegals you wonder HOW IN THE HECK this country EVER stumbled and bumbled along without all of the illegals to do all of these jobs that "Americans won't do." How did we ever function?

O'REILLY: I want this Nifong in jail.

And I want you and Greta to put him there. All right? That's not too much to ask?

RIVERA: Not so much. As long as you let these other people stay in the country and do their jobs.

O'REILLY: Yes, everybody, Geraldo. And they'll all live at your house.

Hey Geraldo, I got news for you, I would love to make forty grand a year cutting off cows heads!
    I have been in meat plants where I picked out the cow I wanted and watched it be killed and helped butcher it and had no problem with it and another thing everbody who worked there was American!
    This is not a job Americans will not do you idiot, I have butchered pigs, chickens, goats, deer, elk and many other animals.
    You have no idea what you are talking about so why don't you just shut up! Or are you afraid that ICE will come after you?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Geraldo is a nut case, nothing new! i believe this country is in a decline, we no longer dominate education, medical research, medical care or any kind or scientific advances. most important our middle class is weakened and shrinking. in our heyday we didn't have the multitude of illegals we now have and yet our meat was still cut our factories (many of which we no longer have) hummed along. and now big biz is replacing educated Americans with cheap 3rd world workers and we have decreased wages, people getting sick with e-coli, and taxes going off the wall so we middle class America can pay for big biz's slave labor... or does our new found slave (tax payer supported) labor belong to the federal gov?

Reading Geraldo's comments was almost as bad as listening to them!

We have the people here to do the jobs. We have thousands of people abusing our welfare system that can do the work. They choose not to because the government is babysitting them. Thanks to them, these pro-illegals, like Geraldo, can use the line, "They are doing jobs no American will do!" Man, that line is about as tired as being called a racist for standing up against illegals.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

All the poor persons in this world and only those south of the border will come here to work in a meat plant? We must have Mexicans or the world will no longer have meat as a food? The persons that invaded our country by violating our sovereignty deserve normalization? And the persons sitting all around this world awaiting an invitation deserve what they have because of their country's location?

Racist La Raza Rivera methinks.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    This man is sickening!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noyoucannot
    No citizen will take that "crappy" job??? Who is the heck was doing that job BEFORE the illegals??? My gosh to listen to some of the pro-illegals you wonder HOW IN THE HECK this country EVER stumbled and bumbled along without all of the illegals to do all of these jobs that "Americans won't do." How did we ever function?
    The better course would be to make federal handouts contingent on recipients getting their lazy arses off the sofa and doing those "crappy jobs" or else not getting the bennies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast