http://www.jimgilchrist.com/article.php?id=93

Gilchrist points to LA Times MS-13 headlines: "That is why I'm running for Congress"

MS-13 gang member
November 1, 2005

Lake Forest, CA - Minuteman Project Founder Jim Gilchrist said that Sunday's Los Angeles Times story exposing the extent that criminals are illegally entering the USA illustrates why he is running for Congress.

The Times reported that more than 50,000 illegal aliens with criminal records were deported in the last twelve years alone, including untold numbers of gang members.

"One thing is clear. Illegal immigration is directly related to increases in crime and gang-related violence," Gilchrist said.

"While the economic consequences of our broken borders have been severe, the alarming rise of crime and violence resulting from the uncontrolled growth of these gangs directly threatens our neighborhoods, our schools, and every aspect of security necessary to our society," said Gilchrist.

The MS-13 gang, which is comprised principally of Central Americans, many of whom are illegals, has grown to 50,000 members and increasing. MS-13, with its signature machete executions, is involved in street violence, racketeering, and many other crimes from Coast to Coast.

"We can end the threat of the MS-13 gangs and make our borders secure by acting with courage and demonstrating the will to do the job," Gilchrist said. "I am running for Congress to send a message to Congress that the time is now. I am urging all Americans and particularly those in Orange County to join me in our campaign to secure our borders and make America safe for all of its citizens," stated Gilchrist.

Gilchrist founded the Minuteman Project to defend our borders and do the job the federal government refuses to do. Now Jim Gilchrist is running for Congress in the December 6th Special Election to replace Chris Cox in the Orange County-based 48th District.