Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Giuliani on the "border"

No surprise here. Another RINO who supposedly is in the lead at least according to the MSM and we know they would never lie or show bias.

HANNITY: How do you feel about the borders? It's one of our most important security issues. There's talk about building a fence all across the border with Mexico. Do you support that? Do you support amnesty? Do you support guest worker?

GIULIANI: I support security at the borders. I think security is enormously important in the post-September 11th period. I think we have to know who's coming into this country. We have to be able to identify them; we have to be able to figure out who they are.

I do think that, with the fence -- the fence honestly has to be a technological fence. The head of my party, the new head, Mel Martinez, who is a senator from Florida, a great guy, he was being interviewed about four or five months ago, and they asked him about a fence. Do you support a fence? Do you think a fence should be put up?

He said, sure, you could put up a fence, if you want, except the only people that will put it up will be the illegal immigrants. Nobody else will be building that fence.

And I thought what the point that Mel was making was, we need a technological fence. We need to be able to photograph people, observe them, see them, know who's there, record them.

And then I think there has to be regularization for the people that are here. There's got to be a program to regularize the people that are here, as you establish security at the border.

And I would add to many of the proposals, because there are a number of them in the House, the Senate, and the president has put forward. I would add to that, at the end of the road, if somebody's going to earn citizenship, with whatever other hurdles are put in the way, at the end of the road they should be able to speak English, they should be able to read English, they should have some knowledge of American history, particularly if you're going to regularize somebody who is in an undocumented status.

HANNITY: Does that mean amnesty, though? I mean, does that...

GIULIANI: It doesn't mean amnesty. It means earning it. It means -- here's the experience -- I said I learned a lot from being mayor of New York City. As mayor of New York City, we had a tremendous amount of crime. We did a survey. We figured out there were about 400,000 illegal or undocumented immigrants in New York City.

The immigration service deported 1,500 a year. That was the most they could ever deport, 2,000 a year. So I figured out I had 398,000. Now, the question was: How do you handle that? What do you do with it?

And then, when we would catch drug dealers and criminals, when we'd turn them over to the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and I'd say, you know, put them at the head of the line. Let's get rid of these drug dealers and criminals first. And they were dealing with, you know, somebody's maid and somebody who maybe was teaching at a college and just didn't have the right papers, or somebody who was working in a restaurant and -- well, that's all an issue. But the drug dealers, and the criminals, and now the terrorists are an issue.

And if you have a law that isn't working, and you have thousands and thousands and millions of people, then the terrorists hide among them. And we have to have a law that makes sense.

And that's why I think you've got to come up here with a solution that says: much more security at the border; register people, document them; have English at the end of the line; but then have a system to regularize people, as well.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... liani.html
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Another pro illegal canidate

Since when did Republicans lose faith in law enforcement, but gain faith in a sprawling money-sucking beaurocracy, ie the "guest slave" program?

Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

I will never vote for this guy either. He goes in my Juan McCain category with Brownback and a couple others. I wish Republicans would wake up and support a guy that reflects the party. I can't believe that this guy will be the nominee.
    I'm not holding my nose this time, I am thoroughly disgusted, I'll vote for a 3rd party.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Republicans lost believe in law enforcement and support of Americans when Bush Sr was elected President. It has been downhill fast and most republicans were not listening until GW got elected. Then the war got in the way of American security. Did you really believe that it was plotted that Demcrats would take over Congress once Bush found out the house was not going to support his pro-illegal agenda.

GIULIANI: It doesn't mean amnesty. It means earning it. It means -- here's the experience -- I said I learned a lot from being mayor of New York City. As mayor of New York City, we had a tremendous amount of crime. We did a survey. We figured out there were about 400,000 illegal or undocumented immigrants in New York City.

The immigration service deported 1,500 a year. That was the most they could ever deport, 2,000 a year. So I figured out I had 398,000. Now, the question was: How do you handle that? What do you do with it?
    How in the heck are they calculating numbers of illegals here when no one is legal???? I bet there are many more. Why only 2000 deportations? There were more people than that in the Twin Towers!!! Why not catch people at the protest rallies??

Altura: Is your new Avatar a picture of you?

Oh, so it is "REGULARIZE" for this guy..... well of course---that means amnesty.

Why not catch people at the protest rallies??

Because then who would deliver the inflated corperate profits?
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.