Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Glenn Beck: The Real Story: Money Trumps Everything

The Real Story: Money Trumps Everything

Updated February 16, 2007

For months now we've covered story after story about illegal immigration --- everything from illegals getting in-state college tuition rates to U.S. border guards serving 11 years in prison for doing their job. None of it, none of it, has made any sense --- until now. Last night I told you that had somewhat of an epiphany earlier this week during a Presidential press conference. President Bush was responding to a question about a topic completely unrelated to immigration, but his answer brought everything together for me , "...let's put it this way, money trumps peace, sometimes. In other words, commercial interests are very powerful interests throughout the world."

Since I'm not planning to run for anything, let me be a little more honest with you then he was. The Real Story is that Money trumps Everything.

Last week I told you about a promising new cancer drug that can't get off the ground because there's no patent available on it. No patent means no profits and the drug companies aren't interested.

Money trumps everything.

Then, of course, we have the story about Bank of America expanding a program that allows people, or, more accurately, illegal immigrants -- to obtain credit cards without a social security number. But even though Bank of America is making all the headlines now, Citibank has been doing something similar with virtually no scrutiny and Wells Fargo has been offering mortgages without Social Security numbers since last year. Why? Because there are between 12 and 20 million illegal immigrants in this country and money trumps everything.

Last spring, Miller Brewing faced boycotts from Latino groups after donating money to a U.S. congressman who sponsored a bill that would've cracked down on illegal immigration. Well, you obviously can't have the $700 billion dollar Hispanic market not drinking your beer so the geniuses at Miller came up with a plan. A few months -- and $30,000 -- later Miller sponsored a large street demonstration to support the rights of illegal immigrants or, as Miller called it, quote "the free movement of people." Ohh, that's so beautiful, I'd hoist a beer in your honor if I wasn't a recovering alcoholic.

Not surprisingly the boycotts quickly disappeared. Money trumps everything.

You know, I'm the biggest capitalist around, I believe with all my heart and soul that free markets and real competition will solve almost anything. But the keyword is: "almost" because every once in a while capitalism has to stand for something other than the bottom line.

John D. Rockefeller -- a guy who was known for his extraordinarily aggressive business tactics once said, "I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity an obligation; every possession a duty." Bank of America, you do have the right to market a credit card to illegal immigrants, but you have the American responsibility not to.

Today, the Bank of America declined our invitation to come on the show and instead sent us a statement saying their program fully complies with the U.S. Patriot Act. You know what? They're absolutely right; it's completely legal. It's also legal to market lottery tickets to gambling addicts and vodka to alcoholics -- but that doesn't make it right -- or responsible, it just makes it profitable.

The greatest thing about capitalism is that everyone's got the right to make choices. You can sit there and get mad; get frustrated; scream at your TV; and yell about how everyone's only looking out for themselves; how your vote doesn't even matter anymore -- or, you too can make a choice -- a personal choice -- to support the people and companies that support what you stand for. For every Bank of America there's another bank that has no interest in selling to illegals; for every beer like Miller there's a microbrewery that has no interest in political agendas. For every company that's part of the problem, there are two others that want to be part of the solution -- but it's all about Personal Choices.

The Constitution is an amazing, living document. "WE THE PEOPLE" are its first three words and they're the answer to every problem we face; every injustice we endure. Like you, I am mad as hell -- our country has been hijacked and I WANT IT BACK. But instead of naively sitting there thinking that it's my vote that counts, I realize that the real currency -- as always -- is cash.

They're absolutely right: Money does trump everything, including those businesses selling out their country just to make more of it.

http://www.glennbeck.com/realstory/

I have heard that the Bank of America's vice president happens to be Hispanic. Has anyone else heard this?
    They forgot to mention the NFL with the Border Patrol ads and greedy farmers using illegals to pick our crops. How about the condo builders here in South Florida who build million dollar per unit condos using illegal labor but not giving the buyer a break on the price. I hope ICE makes my wish come true and show up at Trumps new building project in Sunny Isles. I am sure Rosie would get a kick out of that one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I watch cnbc alot and I could just scream when Kudlow comes on, he thanked Bank of America for wanting to give credit cards to illegals. Wall street loves the illegal alien invasion. Cramer of Mad Money stated that because of the new driver's license they were having to get in New Jersey the poor illegals would not be able to drive to Walmart to shop because they wouldn't be able to get one. I guess he doesn't realize that not having a driver's license does not seem to stop them from driving. They broke into the country illegally, used a stolen idenitity, so why would they be concerned about having a license.

Does this answer some questions?

Monica Lozano on Bank of America board; National Council of La Raza
    This is a Bank of America press release from March 20, 2006 [1]:

Monica Lozano, publisher of the nation's largest Spanish-language newspaper, has been nominated to Bank of America's board of directors...

...[BofA] has relationships with 48 percent of Hispanic households in its coast-to-coast territory, more than any other bank in the United States. Last year more than 21 percent of all new hires by the bank were Hispanic.

She was approved and currently serves on their board [2]. And, since 21 percent is close to double the percentage of Hispanics in the U.S., perhaps the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights should look into their recruitment efforts.

Also in 2005, Bank of America became the first financial institution to make electronic money transfers to Mexico free for its customers through a SafeSend feature with a checking account. For its efforts in the Hispanic community, Latina Style Magazine named Bank of America its 2005 Company of the Year.

Lozano, 49, is the publisher and CEO of Los Angeles-based La Opinion, the nation's largest Spanish-language daily newspaper. She is also senior vice president of Impremedia LLC, the first national Spanish-language newspaper company in the United States. Among her many community leadership positions, Ms. Lozano is currently chairwoman of The National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States.

[1] newsroom.bankofamerica.com/index.php?s=press_releases&item=7342
    [2] investor.bankofamerica.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=71595&p=irol-govboard

Monica Lozano
    Publisher/CEO, La Opinion,
    Senior Vice President, Impremedia
    Ms. Lozano was named publisher and CEO of La Opinión and senior vice president of newly-created national Spanish-language newspaper company Impremedia in January 2004. She had been president of La Opinión since 2000 and has been with the newspaper since 1985. Ms. Lozano's current board seats include Walt Disney Co., Tenet Health Care Corp., and Union Bank of California. She also is a member of the California Board of Regents and serves on non-profit boards including the National Council of La Raza.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go to this URL:
    http://www.clinton.senate.gov/news/stat ... ?id=241057

See who the speaker is...and look at the first line of the third paragraph....
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I wondered how long before they would look at wiring money to Mexico for free. The Bank of America was not so nice to legal Russian immigrants. There were several Russian recent immigratants who I went to the bank with to speak to a manager as they may have need some explanation translated since they were not completely fluent in English yet. All they care about is the bottom line. Let's see what happens when these illegals get credit cards using fake ID take off and reappear elsewhere and do the same using another fake name. Will bank fees go up, interest rates on credit cards or mortgage fees and interest or all of the above. Let's face it the bank will not lose much.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi There Swatchick!

About:
    They forgot to mention the NFL with the Border Patrol ads and greedy farmers using illegals to pick our crops. How about the condo builders here in South Florida who build million dollar per unit condos using illegal labor but not giving the buyer a break on the price....
    Did you happen to catch Glenn's little rant on Friday? I should add this little footnote to add to the printed transcript from the show. Actually, I noticed that they are not 100% identical. They are very close, but there are a few things that were different or left out.

If I remember correctly, I believe he did mention the NFL situation and how he presumed that the NFL was reluctant to air the ads because, low and behold, the first ever NFL football game (exhibition or regular season - I forget) was held in...Mexico City in the last year or two! And then went on to talk about the NFL's marketing and demographics related to the 'Hispanic' part of the population - both here AND in Mexico, etc. The presumption being that airing the ad would offend potential 'Hispanic' fans both in the US AND in Mexico... so they effectively side-stepped the issue by not running the ad spot. He was very critical of that.

Anyway, as I did view the entire spot, I will say he did an nice job of describing issues about corporate responsibility in general. It was one of, or probably his best rant yet (IMHO). For a long time I wasn't exactly sure of what his position was, it appears Glenn is also stepping up to the challenge - as has Dobbs - and I hope many of us will get behind him to keep his interest focused and give much needed support. Because you know he'll take some heat for stepping on toes of the corporate elite.

I wrote Glenn a very appreciative 'Thank You' note as well - hopefully, anyway else that has the time, can do the same ...[not-so-subtle hint...]

My 0.02 cents worth...

Good Day.

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    I watch cnbc alot and I could just scream when Kudlow comes on, he thanked Bank of America for wanting to give credit cards to illegals. Wall street loves the illegal alien invasion. Cramer of Mad Money stated that because of the new driver's license they were having to get in New Jersey the poor illegals would not be able to drive to Walmart to shop because they wouldn't be able to get one. I guess he doesn't realize that not having a driver's license does not seem to stop them from driving. They broke into the country illegally, used a stolen idenitity, so why would they be concerned about having a license.
    Yeah, I hear ya. Be sure to write them and let them know when they are 'off-base' - if they don't hear it from people, they'll never know how wrong they are. Or, better yet, make the ultimate protest statement - turn the channel. As Glenn said, "it's all about choices...".

Kudlow and Cramer (and others) might be willing to sell their souls and country out for an extra buck - but I won't. Money is an important thing in life, but certainly not the ONLY thing either... They are wrong.

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Note: this original Friday broadcast is being repeated right now - Sunday 6:22pm Pacific - so if you didn't catch it Friday, you'll get a chance now.

Just FYI..

Gleen

Glenn shouldn't be given the time of day when it comes to this subject

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast