Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Go Dorgan, Go Away Spector

This in from FAIR:

Go Dorgan!!!!!!!!

Senator Dorgan then offered amendment #4017, to repeal the guest worker
    program in S.2611 (Title IV).
    The Senator stated that if you read the paper or see the news, you see
    the new corporate strategy everywhere: export good jobs and import
    cheap labor. This, he said, was probably a good strategy for profits, but
    a horrible strategy for America. We built the middle class with good
    jobs and good wages, he said.

"What if the U.S. had no immigration laws at all?" Senator Dorgan
    asked. Massive numbers of immigrants would come. It is not selfish, he
    said, to be somewhat protective of our standard of living and our way of
    life. There are many voices here speaking for immigrants, but we have
    a responsibility to our citizens and there is precious little talk
    about them in this chamber these days. "Let me speak for a moment on
    behalf of American workers."

Senator Dorgan decried the argument that "guest workers" are needed to
    take the jobs Americans won't do. He argued that Americans want these
    jobs and are doing these jobs. The Senator criticized the 325,000 cap
    coupled with the automatic 20% escalator provision. He stated that
    this formula would result in 10 million guest workers in 10 years. He
    concluded that the guest worker provision of the bill wasn't about filling
    empty jobs, but was about "importing cheap labor." The Senator said
    that guest workers could more appropriately be termed "low wage
    replacement workers."

Senator Specter spoke out against the Dorgan amendment. He said he
    agreed with the argument that these are jobs Americans won't do, although
    he said it perhaps was not universally true.

Specter....just what kind of kickbacks are you getting from Bush, big businiess, Mexico and the Chamber of Commerce?

Senator Specter spoke out against the Dorgan amendment. He said he
    agreed with the argument that these are jobs Americans won't do, although
    he said it perhaps was not universally true.
    So exactly what are the jobs that Americans won't do Specter? I love how he admitted that it might not be universally true. So you mean you just admitted that your a lying sack of crap that loves to spew the OBL propaganda because you are financially benefitting from them stuffing your campaign war chest.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They are only talking about the field work, picking crops and such. We won't do it because most of us don't know how. Mexicans have always done that kind of work. But believe me, if it meant they would go away and never come back......I would do it in a heartbeat.

The other industry that claims we won't do it is the meat packing industry. Now this is something I know we have done and will do. They are trying to eliminate the in-store butchers so they have started their campaign of what we won't do.

So my question is, since Mexicans know that they are being imported as cheap labor and to be exploited why do they line up to come? I don't mean to sound racist, but there is something very wrong with those people. None of them can think for themselves.

They are only talking about the field work, picking crops and such. We won't do it because most of us don't know how.
    Who was doing it before the illegals showed up?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    sherbug said:
    They are only talking about the field work, picking crops and such.
    sherbug,

You couldn't be more wrong. Living in Stockbridge, probably one of the fastest growing areas in the US, you should know better. Drive through ANY of the subdivisions popping up around Eagle's Landing and you'll see that 80% of the construction workers are Hispanic. I'm not saying they're ALL illegal, but I know for a fact that at LEAST half of them are, because their employers tell me they are.

Construction has NEVER been a job Americans won't do, (fieldwork isn't, either) it's just that the illegals do it CHEAPER. And I'm not just talking about wages. One of my customers in Eagle's Landing, in a $700,000 house, (about $2 mil in Cal) had one of his chimneys separate from the wall and collapse because the concrete crew couldn't read a blueprint. (It was in English)

Sherbug, immigrants have not "always" done the job of picking crops. The migrant farm worker program was started during WW2 because Americans were off fighting in the war. Mexico and Latin America fielded no armies in support of the Allies during this conflict and so they were allowed to take the job of picking crops. This program was very much disliked by both Americans and Latin countries at that time.

Construction has NEVER been a job Americans won't do
    My blood pressure goes through the roof every time I hear that "the construction industry would collapse without immigrant labor".

Do the idiots spewing this absolute bunk think we've all had our memories erased? My husband made 22.00 and hour, plus benefits, in the late 1980s! As recently as 5 years ago folks around here, especially those without a college education, coveted construction jobs because of their excellent pay.

I suppose these same idiots would have us all believe it was only a coincidence that the formerly decent pay levels of these jobs (construction, meat packing, manufacturing, bricklaying, ect) began dropping steadily in direct correlation with the influx of illegal immigrants into any given area.

As if yanking the rug out from under American workers wasn't enough, they are compelled to insult our intelligence as well.

I too am sick to death of Specter, he is sooo annoying.
    Dorgan had an excellent ammendment too bad it did not pass.