Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GOP HOUSE MEMBER SAYS IMPOSSIBLE TO FULLY SECURE BORDER

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP HOUSE MEMBER SAYS IMPOSSIBLE TO FULLY SECURE BORDER

Another RINO.
    GOP HOUSE MEMBER SAYS IMPOSSIBLE TO FULLY SECURE BORDER

Print ArticleSend a Tip

by TONY LEE
    29 Jun 2013, 10:23

Rep. John Carter (R-TX), who is working with four Democrats and two other Republicans to draft a "comprehensive immigration reform" bill in the House, said he believed it was impossible to fully secure the border.

According to The Hill, Carter said, "Anybody that thinks you can totally secure the Southern border has never been to the Southern border." He explained, "I've been down there all my life, and I'm telling you, you can have a 40-foot wall and put machine guns on it, and you can't secure the Southern border. There's too much wild country."

The Senate passed its immigration bill on Thursday by a vote of 68-32, but amendments that called for tougher border security failed.

For instance, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) had an amendment that would have mandated 100% surveillance and a 90% apprehension rate, but it did not pass.

Carter said the House bill would have border security triggers but provided no details.

“Certain triggers have to be met is all I'm going to say,” he said. “You'll see. We're almost there.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/29/House-Republican-Impossible-to-Fully-Secure-Border

Rep. John Carter (R-TX), who is working with four Democrats and two other Republicans to draft a "comprehensive immigration reform" bill in the House, said he believed it was impossible to fully secure the border.

According to The Hill, Carter said, "Anybody that thinks you can totally secure the Southern border has never been to the Southern border." He explained, "I've been down there all my life, and I'm telling you, you can have a 40-foot wall and put machine guns on it, and you can't secure the Southern border. There's too much wild country."

Everybody knows that; who thinks the border could be fully secure is dreaming; lawmakers are lying. In a few years they will say there is not budget to build the fence, and they don't have money to pay 20,000 extra border patrol agents and the need to lay off more than 50% so we will have the same story 20 or 40 million of illegal aliens demanding another amnesty.
    Illegal immigration is a serious problem compared to a virus or a plague if we don't fight it on time the consequences would be catastrophic.

They have the money, We just need a president that cares more for America than himself. Stop taking trips and vacations and have White House party's that only the rich enjoy...yep we need one that's gonna say I will secure the border I will deport every illegal that broke our laws and out with anchor babies and I will do that on my dime no vacations till its paid for and then some...they can do it...

The fact is they really don't allow the Border Patrol to do the job, so without the will to do the work another 20K will not make a difference. Too many folks in high places want that border open, cheap labor, drugs, and food stamp recipients.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.