Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP moderates seeking concessions from Reid

GOP moderates seeking concessions from Reid
    Chris Johnson | Sep 20, 2010 | Comments 0

GOP moderates in the U.S. Senate are seeking concessions from Democratic leadership in exchange for breaking with the Republican caucus and voting for cloture on Tuesday on major defense legislation containing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tellâ€

The votes of Collins and Snowe are seen among repeal advocates as key to breaking a filibuster and moving forward with the defense authorization bill.
    Please make sure to call these two Senators, as well as Scott Brown and George Voinovich.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Lady Gaga should be drafted into the military to put that impudent wench in her place. Strip her of all her ridiculous costumes and make her wear an official service uniform! Then I might be interested in listening to her.

I hope these GOP members know that the Dream Act is part of this bill. Go ahead Repubs, vote for cloture, I'll remember who you are. You are making a big mistake trying to play ball with Reid.

I just called Senator Scott Brown's office - what a load of crapola. That man is as much an actor as John Amnesty McCain. Sen Brown fooled all the conservatives and Tea Partiers who supported him during his campaign. He is a RINO.

He has given his office staffers lines to say to callers. This happened both last week when I called his office, and today. When the staffer answered, I asked how Sen Brown was going to vote. Here 's her response: "Senator Brown is against amnesty". She did not even try to deny he would vote in favor THIS Dream Amnesty amendment.

Of course he's going to say he's "against amnesty". Every single last politician says they're "against amnesty". John McAmnesty says he's "against amnesty". That just means they're FOR "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" which they deny is amnesty. And this Dream Act which they deny is amnesty.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    The votes of Collins and Snowe are seen among repeal advocates as key to breaking a filibuster and moving forward with the defense authorization bill.
    Please make sure to call these two Senators, as well as Scott Brown and George Voinovich.

Collins, Susan M. -(202) 224-2523

Snowe, Olympia J. -(202) 224-5344

Voinovich, George V. (202) 224-3353

Brown, Scott P. (202) 224-4543

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    I just called Senator Scott Brown's office - what a load of crapola. That man is as much an actor as John Amnesty McCain. Sen Brown fooled all the conservatives and Tea Partiers who supported him during his campaign. He is a RINO.

He has given his office staffers lines to say to callers. This happened both last week when I called his office, and today. When the staffer answered, I asked how Sen Brown was going to vote. Here 's her response: "Senator Brown is against amnesty". She did not even try to deny he would vote in favor THIS Dream Amnesty amendment.

Of course he's going to say he's "against amnesty". Every single last politician says they're "against amnesty". John McAmnesty says he's "against amnesty". That just means they're FOR "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" which they deny is amnesty. And this Dream Act which they deny is amnesty.
    A new thread on HOME page now indicates Senator Brown is going to vote against the Dream Amnesty. So if this IS the case and Senator Brown votes against this Dream Amnesty, then I hereby apologize for my comments above.

I am surprised. I called Sen Brown's office earlier this afternoon around 1:00pm central time. When I asked how Sen Brown was going to vote, the only thing the aide said was "Senator Brown is opposed to amnesty". I explained that he better be opposed to the Dream Act then, because it IS an amnesty. I told her even John McAmnesty denies being for amnesty, so that alone doesn't mean a lot. The aide never told me how he was going to vote. I figured that meant he would vote FOR Dream Act and just deny it is amnesty.

I don't know now if she just didn't tell me he was voting against it, or if he changed his mind since then.

So I hereby formally apologize to Senator Brown for the above comments I posted earlier before I knew this, if in fact he votes against the Dream Amnesty. This apology is contingent on Senator Brown voting against the Dream Amnesty. If he votes FOR it, then I believe the above to still be true.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</