Like Tree9Likes

Thread: GOP Rep. Mia Love: The President's comment about 'shithole countries' was racist

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP Rep. Mia Love: The President's comment about 'shithole countries' was racist

GOP Rep. Mia Love: The President's comment about 'shithole countries' was racist

By Maegan Vazquez, CNN
    Updated 10:47 AM ET, Sun January 14, 2018

Washington (CNN)Republican Rep. Mia Love deplored President Donald Trump for reportedly criticizing immigrants coming to the United States from what he called "shithole countries."

"I can't defend the indefensible. You have to understand that there are countries that struggle out there. But their people, their people are good people and they're part of us. We're Americans," Love, the first Haitian-American elected to Congress, said on CNN's "State of the Union."

Referring to immigrants from African countries, Trump asked lawmakers during an Oval Office meeting on immigration reform, "Why do we want all these people from 'shithole countries' coming here?" a source briefed on the meeting told CNN.
    The President has denied making the comment.

"The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!" Trump tweeted on Friday.

Love, whose parents immigrated from Haiti, told "State of the Union" that she thinks the President's comments were racist.
    "I think they were, yes. I think they were unfortunate. I don't know if they were taken -- I wasn't in the room. I know the comments were made. I don't know in which context they were made," she said. "I'm looking forward to finding out what happened, but more importantly, I'm looking forward to fixing the problem."

Love also told "State of the Union" that she was contacted by the White House to discuss immigration reform. "I don't know if those comments would be made if I was in the room," she said.

Love had called on Trump to apologize for his comments earlier this week.

"The (President's) comments are unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation's values," Love said in a statement Thursday night. "The President must apologize to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/politi...ntv/index.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I really didn't know much about her but assumed she was a good Republican because she won her election in the good Republican state of Utah. But, any time a member of our Congress puts their personal history above the current needs of our citizens and nation, then they are no longer on the team to Make America Great Again.

It's interesting she wasn't asked or CNN chose not to report what her position was on the issue being discussed in the meeting, which was what to do with the some 300,000 illegal aliens with TPS who are due to be deported and returned to their home countries.

Trump has decided to return them which is the right policy. DemoQuacks were trying to keep them here. Trump asked them whey they wanted to do that?

We really don't need and shouldn't want anyone in the US Congress who votes their race or personal ethnic history every time an immigration policy issue arises. They should vote based on the present needs and desires of the American Worker, American Citizen and American Taxpayer.

People like Mia are actually what's wrong with our country, not because her parents are from Haiti, but because for some reason she feels justified in calling our President a "racist" on national TV on a Sunday, when he isn't a racist, because someone said he said in private meeting that some countries were shitholes, when they are.

Even Durbin clarified that Haiti wasn't one of the countries he was referring to.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-14-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was disappointed to hear Mia Love say this. She supports too much immigration and amnesty.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So she is an amnesty supporter, too? Figures. Where would they be without a phony race card? Nowhere.

Utah Rep. Mia Love: Keep Dreamers in ‘the only country they know’

Local activists meet with Sen. Orrin Hatch’s office to plead for DACA renewal before the new year.

(Trent Nelson | The Salt Lake Tribune) A group of protesters hold a short sit-in at the Wallace F. Bennett Federal Building in Salt Lake City Tuesday December 5, 2017, asking federal representatives to include a clean DREAM Act in the Omnibus Spending bill, or to vote against the Spending Bill should DACA protection not be included.

By Christopher Smart

· December 05, 2017

Time is running out for Dreamers — immigrant recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) — who will face deportation without an act of Congress.

On Tuesday, Rep. Mia Love joined 31 congressional colleagues to urge Speaker Paul Ryan to prioritize the passage of a legislative solution for DACA recipients before the holidays. It would apply to people who were children when they were brought illegally into the United States.

“Thousands of DACA recipients live and work in my district, contributing to their community daily,” Love said in a prepared statement. “I have no interest in separating them from what is likely the only country they know.”

Love is a co-sponsor of the Recognizing America’s Children (RAC) Act (H.R. 146, which provides a pathway for DACA recipients to permanently remain in the country.

Also Tuesday, a group of 15, including Dreamers and their supporters, rallied at the Wallace F. Bennett Federal Building in Salt Lake City to urge U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch to enact similar legislation.

There are some 10,500 Dreamers in Utah, said organizer Talitha Nascimento. Of them, 122 are losing their legal status every day.

Tania Ruiz, 24, is a Dreamer who came to this country when she was 5 years old with her mother, father and three sisters. Her parents gave up careers in Mexico and now work at menial, low-wage jobs, she said.

“My hope for the future is for everyone to understand what we have been through,” Ruiz said. “We are people who want to work here. We came to a better place for the American dream.”

DACA allows these undocumented immigrants to go to school, hold a work permit and get a driver license. It also requires they pay taxes. It does not provide a pathway to citizenship and must be renewed every two years.

DACA will make no renewals after March 6, and Love said Congress must act quickly.

“It is crucial that we bring a reasonable solution to the House floor,” Love said, “so we can provide certainty to this Utah population that contributes to our communities and growing economy.”

There are about 800,000 DACA recipients in the United States. To be eligible, applicants must have immigrated by age 16 and lived in the U.S. since June 15, 2007. They had to be 30 or younger when the program was implemented in June 2012.

Hatch was an original sponsor of the Dream Act in 2001, which did not pass but would have allowed undocumented students to pursue an education. In October, he joined a Republican-led effort, known as the SUCCEED Act, that proposes rigorous vetting requirements for young immigrants to “earn the right to citizenship” over a 15-year period.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/12/...try-they-know/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-14-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Read This, too. Mia Love wants the Haitians with TPS to stay. Again, a member of Congress working for foreign citizens over lives of American citizens.

Our government must demand the third world corrupt governments use any money given as designated and we need to oversee it gets to where it should to help.

http://www.ijdh.org/wp-content/uploa...TPS-Letter.pdf
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-14-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Oh wow, so she is the idiot she showed herself to be today in her interview. Well, that's a shame, she could have used her position to do a lot of good for Americans, including black Americans, but unfortunately she's just using it to further her own immigrant roots. Voters need to be very wary of these immigrant roots candidates. When their loyalty is to a foreign country or region because they or their parents/grandparents came from there, they are not going to be good members of Congress and put the best interest of our country first.

You should have an INTEREST in what your Legal US Citizens voted you in for.

And those INTERESTS are NOT to flood our country with TPS, Refugees and Illegal Aliens!

This is why these foreigners or their children should NOT be allowed to run for office!

Their gut, their mind and their HEART is not for the betterment of America.

They have no allegiance to our Country and will destroy it!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Oh shut up already!

If Trump is racist, then you are a traitor.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn