Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Can anyone pull the names of those 3 or 4 dems?
    Other than KKK Byrd? {ok, ok...I know...we need him and he was tough on ILLEGALS}
    I think the bigger question is, where exactly do the newly elected Senators stand on the issue?

Sen. Byrd (D-WV), Sen. Dorgan (D-ND), Sen. Nelson (D-NE), and Sen. Stabenow (D-MI) voted against S. 2611. I do believe Sen. Stabenow would now support an amnesty though. I think fear of losing her seat on the U.S. Senate was the only thing that prevented her from voting in favor of S. 2611 (hope I'm wrong).

Sen. Allen (R-VA), Sen. Burns (R-MT), Sen. Talent (R-MO) and Sen. Santorm (R-PA) who voted against S. 2611 are now gone, but so are Sen. Dewinn (R-OH), and Sen. Chaffe (R-RI) who supported the bill.

Now, what about the 6 senators that replaced Allen, Burns, Santorm, Dewinn, Talent, and Chaffe? Do they support amnesty? Here's what I know:

Sen. Talent's replacement - Sen McCaskill says she doesn't support amnesty.

Sen. Burn's replacement - Sen. Tester says he doesn't support amensty.

Sen. Allen's replacement - Sen. Webb Webb supports amnesty, but is not interested in a comprehensive plan. He wants the borders secured first. Additionally, he does not want more "foreign guest workers" in Virginia. Tough to say where he's going to fall after the arm twisting begins.

Sen. Santorum's replacement - Sen. Casey supports amnesty.

Sen. Chafee's replacement - Sen. Whitehouse supports amnesty.

Sen. Dewinn's replacement - Sen. Brown supports amnesty.

So, before the Democrat arm twisting begins, it looks like this in the Senate:

We had 4 of 6 against amensty in the Senate. Now we have 2.5 of 6 against amnesty (Webb gets the .5). Net loss: 3.5 favorable votes.

Unless we force some people to change their position, it looks like we still lose in the Senate. Our best bet is to keep gambling on the U.S. House to save our butts!

Anyones facts or opinions differ? I'm all ears.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Allen and Santorum, but especially Allen were weak on Illegals.

Their vote against the senate bill was done for show, imo. It was a shell game. They knew they didn't need their votes to push it through.
    They played both sides of the fence, in actuality. Getting us with visas and other pro legislation.

We're not in as positive a position as we were but we're, in reality, not a whole lot worse off either.

The dems are going to have to tow the Pelosi line. They must have had a very rude awakening at their orientation. She'll slice and dice em in the blink of an eye.

my 2 cents.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DeWine from Ohio was definately for the illegals. Sherrod Brown seemed to be the lesser of two evils. He, at least, has always claimed to be for working Amerians and saving American jobs. The part I can't figure out is, if he's for Amnesty...and he is....how will that save Amerian jobs if an illegal can come along and take them?

At least Sherrod Brown voted against CAFTA where Dewine voted for it. So Brown is only half worthless where Dewine was completely worthless.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CountFloyd wrote:

"Guest workers" will have children, who automatically become anchor babies.
    Amen!!!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12