Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP's Ayotte says she'll support Senate immigration bill

GOP's Ayotte says she'll support Senate immigration bill

By Carrie Dann, NBC News
    GOP Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire will support the comprehensive immigration bill drafted by the bipartisan "Gang of Eight," she said Sunday, saying the legislation offers a "tough but fair" path to citizenship for the nation's estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants.
    Conservative opposition to the bipartisan "Gang of Eight," immigration bill was on full display in the Senate. Voto Latino's Maria Teresa Kumar discusses.

"This is a thoughtful bipartisan solution to a tough problem," she said on CBS's Face the Nation. "And so that’s why I’m going to support it.”
    An additional Republican vote is welcome news for proponents of the bill, which was drafted by a bipartisan group of eight senators and will be debated on the Senate floor starting this week.
    The bill will need 60 votes to overcome a filibuster.
    Ayotte joins the four Republican members of the Gang of Eight who are pushing for passage, although Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has suggested that he will only support the final legislation if more border security measures are written into the bill.
    In an op-ed on her Senate website, Ayotte said she will back amendments to beef up border security.
    "Consistent with my priorities, the legislation includes more border agents, more fencing, and better surveillance technology," she wrote. "And during the upcoming debate, I will support strengthening the legislation's border security measures even further."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/09/18863667-gops-ayotte-says-shell-support-senate-immigration-bill?lite
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From the League of Women Voters -
    Kelly Ayotte on Immigration

Stop the dangerous flow of illegal immigrants

As New Hampshire's former Attorney General, Kelly understands the urgent need to stop the dangerous flow of illegal immigrants into our country. Arizona's move to address this issue at the state level reflects a failure of leadership in Washington to solve this problem once and for all. With a wave of violent crimes in the state, Kelly believes Arizonans were fully justified in passing their law.Source: 2010 Senate campaign website, ayotteforsenate.com, "Issues" , Jul 20, 2010

I support English as the language of our country

Q: What more should Federal Government be doing in the area of immigration?A: The federal government is falling down in its fundamental duty, add that includes securing our borders. It's penny-wise and pound-foolish that we aren't doing it. When you think about the strain on our education system and our healthcare system, as a result of our failure to enforce our immigration laws, it's not only wrong for our safety, but it's wrong in terms of the strain on our system and wrong for the peopl who are here to play by the rules. We are all the sons and daughters of immigrants. But when our ancestors came here, they came here to play by our rules. Our ancestors came here and they learned English. I support English as the language of our country. For the people who are here illegally, I don't support amnesty; it's wrong to the people who are waiting in line. We need to stop that because I think that's where the Administration is heading next.
    Source: Americans for Prosperity/Cornerstone 2010 N.H. Senate Debate , Jun 5, 2010

Supports Arizona law against illegal immigration

Q: Do you support the actions taken by the State of Arizona by enacting their illegal immigration law?A: Unlike our Attorney General and our Director of Homeland Security, I have read the AZ law. It's only about 10 pages, but it's a very important law. I absolutely support what Arizona has done here. Anyone who reads it would know it's a very fair law as well. We should absolutely be passing the same law here in N.H.
    Source: Americans for Prosperity/Cornerstone 2010 N.H. Senate Debate , Jun 5, 2010

Typical politician says one thing out of her mouth and does something totally different than what she supposably stood for.
    These people do not belong in office. They haven't the backbone to stand up to anyone. No character, opinions of their own or honesty.