Please excuse me if this has been posted previously.

(quote)

Gov. Jan Brewer calls Nov. 8 recall election for Pearce

Posted: 5:45 PM
Last Updated: 4 hours and 38 minutes ago

By: ABC15.com staff, wire reports
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is calling a Nov. 8 recall election for Senate President Russell Pearce, known nationally for sponsoring legislation against illegal immigration.

Brewer's action late Tuesday was expected because elections officials certified last week that opponents of Pearce had collected enough signatures to force the recall election.

Pearce says he'll remain in office and campaign actively for retention by voters in his legislative district.

Statement from Senate President Russell Pearce

“I spoke with Governor Jan Brewer’s office regarding my potential recall election. While I know her role is basically ministerial in this process, I conveyed my support of her calling the election on November 8, 2011.
“I intend to remain in office. Additionally, my legal team has not yet completed its analysis of the certification process undertaken by the County Recorder and the Secretary of State. Arizona law allows me until July 18 to make a legal challenge.
“In the weeks and months ahead, I will campaign actively to promote and defend my long record of promoting economic recovery, job creation, balanced budgets, law enforcement and secure borders. These are the issues that my constituents believe in and why they have voted 16 times to send me to the legislature.
“I have never lost an election and will fight these outside forces that support lax law enforcement, amnesty and open borders.â€