Gov. Jan Brewer releases copy of letter to Obama

Posted: 7:18 PM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 50 minutes ago
By: ABC15.com staff, wire reports

PHOENIX - Arizona governor Jan Brewer's office has released a copy of the letter she handed to President Barack Obama during his visit to the Valley Wednesday.

Brewer met briefly with Obama at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport as he makes a three-day, five-state swing through the country.

The two had what appeared to be a heated discussion with Brewer pointing her finger at the president at times.

The letter was handwritten on the governor's stationary and touted the state's accomplishments before saying that they "fundamentally disagree on how to best make Arizona grow and prosper once again."

Brewer said Thursday that during their talk, she invited Obama to visit Arizona to hear about her administration's achievements and to visit the U.S.-Mexico border, which has been a point of friction between the two because of illegal immigration issue.

Her letter ends saying her "offer to visit the border -- and buy lunch -- still stands."

READ THE FULL LETTER

Gov. Jan Brewer's letter to President Obama

Dear Mr. President,
Welcome to Arizona,
You've arrived in a state at the forefront of America's recovery -- and her future. We were at the brink. We were at the bottom of the list in job creation. Today, we have a balanced budget and we're in the top 10 for job creation.
I'm proud of that hard-won recovery -- the result of many tough decisions, courage and perseverence.
My hope is while you are here you will have a chance to see our tremendous results first hand.
We both love this great country, but we fundamentally disagree on how to best make Arizona grow & prosper once again. I'd love an opportunity to share with you how we've been able to turn Arizona around with hard choices that turned out to be the right ones.
And of course, my offer to visit the border -- and buy lunch -- still stands!
With respect,
Jan

Gov. Jan Brewer releases copy of letter to Obama