Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    If everyone would begin the sharing of information and if the Social Security Administration and the IRS would cross check information, we would be on our way to moving forward. The games, the one step forward, two steps back is way too obvious and the Governor just plays in to this concept. She declares her state in a basic emergency and yet turns away from common sense ideas. Seems like the costs to train officers could be offset with taking away the freebies and services that are not required for illegal aliens. Start checking and removing illegal aliens from fraudulent receiving welfare, food stamps, medicare, housing, etc. and you may have a few hundred million left for enforcement.

Psalm 91
    the cost of one AMERICAN LIFE can not be tallied in relation to the cost of 287g training

MY LETTER

Governor,
    I seem to recall a couple of years ago that you proclaimed an emergency on the southern border with Mexico. And I seem to recall that the people of Arizona voted more than 3-to-1 last November in favor of bills and laws regarding illegal immigration. AND now I read that you have Vetoed House Bill 2807. As a citizen of the Grand Canyon state I find your veto to be highly offenseive to people like me, THE AMERICAN CITIZEN. I want 287 training for ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT in Arizona as this invasion from Mexico and other countries continue. I DO NOT CARE what it might cost the state or a specific county when I hear and read stories about AMERICANS being killed by people who are in the USA illegally. The cost of training if it saves one AMERICAN Citizens life is totally worth it. Anyone in this country legally will not and should not have a problem with this. The only people who oppose this is the open borders, illegal alien sympathizers. and they are NOT the majority in this state considering the results in the 3 or 4 amendments and the new Arizona laws that went into effect January 1, 2008 regarding the hiring of illegals which has been held up by a Federal Judge. I ask you to rethink your veto on this bill and possibly change your mind.

The cost of 287g can not and will never amount to the loss of ONE AMERICANS LIFE at the hands of someone being in this country illegally. Just ask the widow of the Phoenix Police Officer killed about a year ago.. the Killer was an illegal.

Can someone give a list of zips and such so we can use them?

But the real key, said Prezel-ski, is approval of this measure might undermine efforts by some legislators to get voters to pass the far more comprehensive measure being pushed by Pearce, one that would actually empower all local police officers to arrest anyone in this country illegally.

Lets all support Russell Pearce and push his bill on the Arizona ballot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgremark
    Can someone give a list of zips and such so we can use them?
    you can always go to the US postal service websight and look up zip codes also

What idiots like this gov. does not care to understand is even if we ever get this immigration fixed we will still need local law enforcement involved, because now there are always going to be illegals even if they are over stays and we need people to enforce the laws as they come by these people in everyday matters. We can never let this get as bad as it is now again.
    I hope they throw her out of office, for the congresses to finally get something like this passed and then stopped by the governor is outrages.

<<RED ALERT "ACTION NEEDED 4/29">>
    Battleground: North and South Carolina
    Alipac'ers please take action at link below! We need S.C!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-674767.html#674767
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I din't know that Arizona had that many zip codes but here is the Yuma list if someone wants them,,,,,,,,85364, 85365, 85366, 85367, 85369

Beautiful letter....JamesW62....Thank-you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have called and left a merssage....we need everyone to call her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the phone numbers!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    a lot of politicians will throw out an excuse in the hopes that you buy off on it like you have done in the past....

Now is when you have to look them in the eyes, show some fangs and explain that it doesnt matter what the politicians excuse is.. it failed and now the politician will pay the cost for they're acts
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wider immigration role for cops vetoed
    Napolitano calls mandate unnecessary, cites potential $100M cost to the state
    Howard Fischer

PHOENIX — Gov. Janet Napolitano vetoed legislation Monday to require police departments and sheriff’s deputies to do more to crack down on illegal immigration.

Napolitano said HB 2807, which passed with bipartisan support, is unnecessary because state law already allows local police agencies to enter into agreements with the federal government to have their officers certified to stop, question and detain people not in this country legally.

And, the governor added, the legislation could end up being a $100 million drain on Arizona’s already oversubscribed state treasury.

The measure mandated that police agencies have a program to deal with violations of federal immigration laws.

Its wording, however, gave agencies a menu of options. One of those was to have their officers get the specialized training to actually let them enforce federal immigration laws.

Napolitano pointed out, though, that Congress appropriated only $5.5 million for that training for the entire nation. The result, she said, is demand has outstripped available funds.

But the legislation said if federal funds were not available the state would have to pick up the cost, not just for its own Department of Public Safety officers, but any local police or sheriff’s department.

“If federal funding is not available, Arizona taxpayers would be required to pay an approximately $100 million bill at a time we are facing significant budget shortfalls,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast