Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Government To Fill 7 Tunnels On US Mexico Border

Government to fill 7 tunnels on U.S.-Mexico borderThe Associated Press
    Article Launched: 04/25/2007 11:38:47 AM PDT

SAN DIEGO- U.S. authorities plan to fill seven cross-border tunnels to keep smugglers from reopening them.
    The tunnels, six in California and one in Arizona, have already been sealed off but authorities believe smugglers could dig new entrances and access hollow sections of the passageways, some of which stretch hundreds of feet.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lauren Mack called the tunnels "a vulnerability to the security of our border." The tunnels were typically used to smuggle people and drugs into the United States from Mexico.

The tunnels will be filled with mix of asphalt emulsion and crushed aggregate to fill the tunnels. Work is expected to begin in May at a cost of about $2.7 million.

One of the tunnels, discovered in January 2006 near the Otay Mesa Port of Entry in San Diego, is 2,400 feet long and featured an 85-foot-deep shaft equipped with a pulley system. The tunnel's southern entrance was in a warehouse near the Tijuana airport.

———

Information from: The San Diego Union-Tribune, http://www.signonsandiego.com

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_5748379
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My God!

Here is what we have to do:

1.put up a fence with support posts to discourage drive throughs.
    2. On the other side of the fence, put a brick wall
    3. lay cement on the inside of the wall to discourage them digging under
    4. dig a moat beside the cement
    5. circle entire border constantly with helicopters loaded with border agents.....
    6. if they still make it in, arrest them and make them break rocks for 10 years.... did I leave anything out?

think that would do it?

I wish we could cut the land and make Mexico an Island that is several hundred miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy

I wish we could cut the land and make Mexico an Island that is several hundred miles away.
    No kidding. To save money and it would be nice if we could divide the land so that when they got to the edge of Mexico, there would be a 10 foot drop between the two countries. Howver, if filling the tunnels is the best they can do, I'll take it
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

To fill 7 tunnels at a cost of 2.7 Million? Seems to me that's a bit high; who's getting the kickback?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    My God!

Here is what we have to do:

1.put up a fence with support posts to discourage drive throughs.
    2. On the other side of the fence, put a brick wall
    3. lay cement on the inside of the wall to discourage them digging under
    4. dig a moat beside the cement
    5. circle entire border constantly with helicopters loaded with border agents.....
    6. if they still make it in, arrest them and make them break rocks for 10 years.... did I leave anything out?

think that would do it?
    Sounds like a great plan, PAF!!