Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Graham: Tear down bill, I Will Push Back

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin ... cs.txt.pdf

WASHINGTON — The complex immigration reform bill coming up for debate in the Senate seems to have something for everyone to dislike, but several lawmakers on Sunday said it's the best chance to get legislation passed that addresses the millions of workers who have entered the nation illegally through its porous borders.

The centerpiece of the new legislation is a "Z visa," to be offered to some 12 million illegals if they pay fines, learn English and return to their countries to file paperwork. That would set them on their way toward permanent residency.

Separately, a temporary guest worker program would be set up to allow foreign nationals to work in the U.S. for up to three two-years stints provided they return to their home country for a year in between each work period.

Several influential senators from both parties insist the bill does not offer amnesty and is the best chance at compromise.

"To my colleagues who come on the floor to tear this bill down with no alternative, you're not doing this country a service, and I will push back," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., one of the lawmakers involved in the negotiations.

"It is not amnesty, it is well balanced," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. "It makes major reforms in immigration, it does provide a path for legalization for the 10-12 million."

But plenty of lawmakers are having trouble with the bill.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said the only way to reach a compromise is to move forward with the debate that starts Monday and then take a couple weeks "to give everybody the opportunity in the Senate to feel like they've had their chance to offer amendments that they think would improve the bill."

McConnell said much of the bill's survival depends on a provision that sets triggers to be met on border security and worker documentation before moving forward on giving legal standing to illegals.

"One thing is for sure: If this bill gives them any preferential treatment toward citizenship over people who came into the country in the proper way, that's a non-starter," McConnell said.

On the other side of the aisle, the concern is for preserving families. The bill makes it harder for illegal immigrants to bring over adult children, siblings and parents. Another major objection is the lack of a path to citizenship for temporary workers who are expected to come and go ever few years.

"They're going to bring wage rates down, and after their time is up, they're probably going to stay in the country and become a new group of illegal immigrants," Sen Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said.

Looking for a crowning achievement to cap a difficult second term, President Bush said in his radio address on Saturday that the bill brings the U.S. closer to an enforceable border and immigration system.

"I realize that many hold strong convictions on this issue, and reaching an agreement was not easy," Bush said. "I appreciate the effort of senators who came together to craft this important legislation. This bill brings us closer to an immigration system that enforces our laws and upholds the great American tradition of welcoming those who share our values and our love of freedom."

Graham and Schumer on Fox News Sunday, talk about imigration, gonzalez and iraq

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin ... cs.txt.pdf

"It is not amnesty, it is well balanced," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. "It makes major reforms in immigration, it does provide a path for legalization for the 10-12 million."
    Hell there are 10-12 million illegal aliens in Southern California alone. Throw in the rest of the country and you've got closer to 30 million.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Aaah so now it's a "couple of weeks" to debate the bill. Apparently not so many like this crap now that the Traitors Truth is oozing out.

This is good ... two weeks to call and be clear, concise and mean if you have to ... just do it politely to let these people know that if they pass this bill that will end our country ... we will end their political careers.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It would not suprize me at all if the senate breaks out into a fight like the Mexican senate. That would be very interesting, McCain already said some stuff you would not think you would ever hear in the senate(F word). We can stop this bill just keep hummering away.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

GRAHAM CONTACT

Washington Office Washington, DC 20510
    (202) 224-5972 phone

Upstate Regional Office Greenville, South Carolina 2960
    (864) 250-1417

Midlands Regional Office Columbia, South Carolina 29201
    (803) 933-0112 phone

Pee Dee Regional Office Florence, South Carolina 29501
    (843) 669-1505 phone

Lowcountry Regional Office Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
    (843) 849-3887 phone

Piedmont Regional Office Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730
    (803) 366-2828 phone

Banned
    "To my colleagues who come on the floor to tear this bill down with no alternative, you're not doing this country a service, and I will push back," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., one of the lawmakers involved in the negotiations.
    No bill is better than your bill, you treasonous piece of dirt. So sorry Senator Graham, it's not up to you it's up to us, the American citizen.

We have to come up with a nickname for this egotistical, maniacal Senator!

Visas are a joke without adequate enforcement.

About half of our criminal alies are visa over stays. Just creating more illegal aliens.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We CAN stop this bill.

We CAN stop this bill.

We CAN stop this bill.

Lets go America ... !!

We can do this.

pjr40 ... 2 years ago I said there were 12 million just in California!!

That's when I said there were about 50 million illegal aliens including their offspring.

So by now there's at least 60 million since between 4 to 5 million come in a year just over the Southern Border.

Yep ... there's 60 million alright. Exactly what this treasonous Traitor's Brew called "comprehensive immigration reform bill" provides in permits and visas.

I do not consider that a coincidence.

Dang it all to hell. I just hate it when I'm right about things like this.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Visas are a joke without adequate enforcement.

About half of our criminal alies are visa over stays. Just creating more illegal aliens.
    Is that not what Mr.CFR/SPP/NAU Cornyn wants
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Where do they keep coming up with 10-12 million? Everyone knows there are more than that. Are they going to legalize all that are in the country, which I heard ,could be 70 million and then their immediate families. Also what about the 176 yr. backlog thay said this would take care of. I wonder how many million that is. Then 400,000 a year migrant workers that would never go back to Mexico. They are really stupid or they really think we are.
    Bush "We will have the most educated american people of America"
    BRILLIANT!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast