Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Grand Jury Indicts DeLay on New Charges

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051004/ap_ ... indictment

Grand Jury Indicts DeLay on New Charges

By APRIL CASTRO, Associated Press Writer 14 minutes ago

AUSTIN, Texas - Rep.
    Tom DeLay was indicted for a second time in less than a week by a Texas grand jury looking into campaign contributions, a development the former U.S. House majority leader called "an abomination of justice."
    ADVERTISEMENT

The latest indictment, for one count of conspiring to launder money and one count of money laundering, was brought hours after DeLay's lawyers attacked on technical grounds another indictment handed down last week.

District Attorney Ronnie Earle did not return repeated phone calls from The Associated Press, but legal experts say the new charges from the Democratic prosecutor were likely filed to head off a potential problem with the previous charge.

Defense lawyers asked a judge Monday to throw out the first indictment, arguing that the charge of conspiring to violate campaign finance laws was based on a statute that didn't take effect until 2003 â€â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

This pro Shafta/Bush bot can rot in jail for all I care. I hope he gets found guilty. It's time to start holding these corrupt bureaucrats accountable for their actions regardless of what party they reside in. If Delay is found guilty, is Jorge next?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn