Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Grassley: No amnesty for illegal aliens

Grassley: No amnesty for illegal aliens

http://www.globegazette.com/articles/20 ... 799278.txt

By JOHN SKIPPER, Of The Globe Gazette
    May 16, 2007

MASON CITY — U.S. Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Ia., said today he’s against unrestricted amnesty for illegal aliens and will vote against any immigration bill that includes it.

“I voted for amnesty 20 years ago and I won’t do it again,â€

"That plan would have immigration "triggers" including requiring certain border security and work-site enforcement measures."

It's STILL amnesty. The problem with "triggers" such as border security is that they can be relaxed once the heat it off and more illegals will show up. "Work-site enforcement measure"? Why should we believe that? It's ALREADY supposed to be happening, and we can see what a good job they are doing.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

MW
    [quote]The so-called “Z visaâ€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]MASON CITY — U.S. Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Ia., said today he’s against unrestricted amnesty for illegal aliens and will vote against any immigration bill that includes it.

“I voted for amnesty 20 years ago and I won’t do it again,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Damn, I knew he was going to cave!

I almost moved him on the list from 'standing firm' to 'straddling the fence' today when I was updating the lists.

Should have listened to my instincts!
    Moving the creep now
    My perception of Grassley's words don't coincide with yours. I don't think he'll vote on any bill that has amnesty (by any name) included.

Hope I'm right and you're wrong, don't you?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sorry, MW...........you're wrong but I sure wish you were right.

Check out the bugger's voting record and dig a little deeper.
    That picture is all you'll need to UNDERSTAND the senator in traitorship's words.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It saddens me to say it, but I think sis is right.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Sorry, MW...........you're wrong but I sure wish you were right.

Check out the bugger's voting record and dig a little deeper.
    That picture is all you'll need to UNDERSTAND the senator in traitorship's words.
    I think you're being a little presumptuous, but we'll see. If he votes on amnesty, I'll eat my crow like a man.

Oh, I have checked out his voting record and he hasn't voted on an amnesty since the 1986 fiasco. We'll see if he's talk or show in the near future (if he really learned his lesson after 1986).

I don't pin all my hopes on the following, but it does a give me a small (okay, tiny) degree of comfort:

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &VIPID=235

Saying you're going to scrutinize something doesn't necessarily mean you're going to support it. Regardless of how he feels, he's obligated to look over the legislation. I see no problem with being cautious, but I'm not going to presume to know what everyone is thinking based on a simple sentence that could go either way in meaning.