Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Greg Abbott Overrules Democrat Mayors: ‘Texas Will Continue Busing Migrants to Biden’

Greg Abbott Overrules Democrat Mayors: ‘Texas Will Continue Busing Migrants to Biden’s Backyard until He Steps up to Do His Job’

David Hawkins August 8, 2022

Texas’s Republican Governor Greg Abbott has dropped the hammer on Democrat President Joe Biden for not doing his job at the border and invited the disgruntled mayors of Democrat cities to visit his state and see the migrant crisis firsthand.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams and Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser are not happy that Gov. Abbott is busing illegal border-crossers north to their cities.

“I invited Mayor Bowser & Mayor Adams to the Texas border to see the consequences of the border crisis firsthand,” Abbott wrote on Twitter.

“Texas will continue busing migrants to Biden’s backyard until he steps up to do his job.”
    He also wrote a letter to Democrats Adams and Bowser that said:

As you know, our nation’s southern border has become both a humanitarian and security crisis.
    This crisis was created by President Biden and is one that requires immediate and decisive action to be stopped.

As Governor of a southern border state, I have watched illegal crossings hit record highs over and over again since President Biden took office.

In the absence of federal action, I have deployed unprecedented resources to prevent, deter, and interdict illegal immigration and transnational criminal activity that threatens our citizens.

Texas has spent over $3 billion in the past 18 months to curtail the devastation felt by our communities large and small.

In March 2021, I launched Operation Lone Star in partnership with the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas National Guard.

These state agencies have deployed thousands of troopers and guardsmen to combat the smuggling of people and deadly drugs like fentanyl from Mexico into Texas.

The operation utilizes air, ground, and tactical border security assets in an attempt to deny Mexican drug cartels and other criminals the ability to smuggle drugs and people directly into our state.

To date, Texas’s multi-agency mission has led to more than 290,000 migrant apprehensions and more than 18,000 criminal arrests, with more than 15,000 felony charges reported.

As law enforcement agents along the Texas-Mexico border respond to thousands of illegal crossings each and every day, putting their lives on the line for Texans and for all Americans, the crisis demands the attention of not only the Biden Administration, which is responsible for securing the border, but of leaders across the country.

Unfortunately, President Biden and his “Border Czar” Vice President Harris have refused to see this crisis for themselves—remaining willfully ignorant of the crisis that they have created.

In fact, U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas recently testified that the border is “safe and secure.”

It is neither safe nor secure, as you can both attest to.

Your recent interest in this historic and preventable crisis is a welcome development—especially as the President and his Administration have shown no remorse for their actions nor desire to address the situation themselves.

As Governor, I invite you to visit our border region to see firsthand the dire situation that only grows more urgent with each passing day, and to meet with the local officials, who like yourselves, realize this matter deserves immediate federal action.

I also ask you to join me in requesting President Biden secure the border and put an end to this disastrous crisis.

President Biden’s reckless open border policies have created a dangerous environment not only for tens of millions of Texans, but for communities all across the nation, including yours.

We agree that this crisis demands immediate federal action to prevent the flood of deadly fentanyl, now the leading cause of death for Americans ages 18 to 45, the unimaginable horrors caused by human smuggling and trafficking, the known terrorists from entering our country, and the countless other crimes that have been committed by the hundreds of thousands of “gotaways” that the Biden Administration has let slip through.

I look forward to welcoming you the Texas-Mexico border so that you can see this crisis for yourself.
    Please contact my office to make travel arrangements for your visits.

Greg Abbott Overrules Democrat Mayors: 'Texas Will Continue Busing Migrants to Biden's Backyard until He Steps up to Do His Job' - Slay News
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bus them to Delaware, Martha's Vineyard and the Hampton's!

The vegetable is on another 4-day beach vacation... drop them at his doorstep.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL