Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gringo Masks protect Arizona minorities from immigration law

(Image from gringomask.com.)

cnews.canoe.ca
    May 7, 2010
    Gringo Masks protect Arizona minorities from immigration law
    By SHEENA GOODYEAR, QMI Agency

A Miami-based ad agency has a solution for visible minorities in Arizona who fear racial profiling in light of the state's new immigration law - wear a Gringo Mask.

The law calls on immigrants to bring their registration with them everywhere they go, and requires police to question anyone they suspect might be in the U.S. illegally.

Critics of the bill, which passed on April 23, say it will open the floodgates to racial profiling.

That's why Zubi, a Hispanic ad agency whose business model is to erase stereotypes, is offering up cut-outs of white faces with golden locks.

Of course, wearing the mask won't really make cops think you're white. Its true purpose is to protest the new bill, which Joe Zubi, chief operating officer at Zubi, calls "ludicrous."

"It's our way of saying, 'You guys are out of control out there," Zubi told QMI Agency.

"I mean, here we are doing what we can to present Hispanics in a positive light ... and all of a sudden, we're back to being stereotypes again," he said.

Zubi said the the agency has no issue with immigration reform and supports proper documentation for anyone coming to the U.S. However, he believes the new law will cause Hispanics to be questioned and arrested simply because they look Hispanic.

"This is a statement against racial profiling," Zubi said.

The masks are available at gringomask.com. Zubi says the campaign is gaining momentum, with the site averaging 30,000 hits a day, and 15,000 masks downloaded so far.

Zubi also plans to print out a couple hundred Gringo Masks and hand them out on the streets.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2010/ ... snewsworld
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's why Zubi, a Hispanic ad agency whose business model is to erase stereotypes, is offering up cut-outs of white faces with golden locks.
    Now who's stereotyping? This idiot thinks whites live a fairy tale life and can't possibly be criminals? What a stupid tool.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

What racists!!! I'm an American...I'm not blond haired and blue eyed....I think anyone wearing one of these masks should be fair game for the police to pull their butts over and question them. This is a society where masks are only worn by criminals.

Just as I don't think Muslims should have a right to cover their faces in this country.... That's inappropriate, disrespectful and not part of OUR culture here. If they want to live in a country where that's accepted, then MOVE THERE!!!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Talk about helping make the cops job easier, plus the cop can claim he stopped them because their white! No racial profiling!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote: {"I mean, here we are doing what we can to present Hispanics in a positive light ... and all of a sudden, we're back to being stereotypes again," he said."

Uh... Rubi, you are doing more to stereotype Hispanics by doing this. It only puts you and those like in in a negative light too and makes you look petulant and ignorant....

Yeah, on that thought go right ahead!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

I am offended being refered to as a "gringo" and I want it to stop. I would never use the "n" word, "jap" or "wetback". What makes it okay for people of color to call us a "gringo"?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Irish?

If they wear one of those masks they'll look just like an illegal immigrant from Ireland--or any other number of north European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Now who's stereotyping? This idiot thinks whites live a fairy tale life and can't possibly be criminals? What a stupid tool.
    Just downright racist if you ask me. No one in our gringo household has blonde hair and blue eyes.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I think we should have illegal alien masks to wear with T Shirts saing I can break any law I want because " I just want a better life for my family."
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

That will make it easier for the police to find them, because criminals wear masks to hide their idenity.
    No Amnesty! An average of 25 Americans are killed every day by illegal alien criminals that have no right to be here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast