Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Group plans march outside offices of sheriff, county attorne

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5145517&nav=HMO6HMaY

Group plans march outside offices of sheriff, county attorney

July 13, 2006, 07:30 AM

A statewide illegal-immigration advocacy group is planning to march Friday morning outside the Phoenix offices of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and County Attorney Andrew Thomas.

Immigrants Without Borders said the march in response to the officials' efforts to charge illegal immigrants with conspiracy to smuggle themselves across the U.S.-Mexico border.

Advocates have accused county authorities of misusing the anti-smuggling law, arguing it is aimed at "coyotes," who are paid by illegal immigrants to lead them to the U.S.

The group's leaders hope to initiate a dialogue with Arpaio and Thomas.

"We do not seek confrontation," said Immigration Without Borders founder Elias Bermudez. "We want them to be part of the solution to a broken-down federal immigration system."

Leaders of the advocacy group claim Arpaio and Thomas are using the law to ridicule, scare and intimidate illegal immigrants.

Arpaio said he plans to meet with the demonstrators and explain he is simply enforcing state law by arresting illegal immigrants on conspiracy charges.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is funny. They are barking up the wrong tree with this one. Sheriff Arpaio will tell them like it is. He is not interested in having "dialog" with pro-illegal groups.

Leaders of the advocacy group claim Arpaio and Thomas are using the law to ridicule, scare and intimidate illegal immigrants.
    No. He just happens to be one of a few who are actually enforcing the law.

I say we take up a collection to send to Sheriff Arpaio to by lots of pink underwear with! Oh yea, and a steady supply of bologna, it ain't so cheap anymore!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I wish the cloning machine was ready to go for 5000 more Sheriff Joe's.

Trouble

He's a no nonsense man, that follows the law,,,they need to back off!

Don't forget it is GREEN bologna...

I used to live in Phoenix, Arizona. Sheriff Joe has always been controversial. The more his enemies complain about him, the more the public loves him. Even my ex-husband, a former-illegal alien from Mexico, thinks he is OK.

I am thinking of moving back there maybe next year...don't know yet.

Good ole Sheriff Joe. What a Sheriff!!! Way to go, Sheriff Joe!!!

Give em heck Sheriff you always do. I love this guy he calls it as he sees it no guff there
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn