Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guidance for Town Hall meeting tonight

I thought that I should appeal for support on these boards one more time before Rep. Van Hollen's public meeting tonight in Bethesda, MD. I can't be the only "extremist" in Montgomery County can I!? If you read the links I posted earlier, this county and Congressional district is on the front lines of this debate expecially after the director of the taxpeyer funded CASA de Maryland publicly threatened the MM and more notably their children! This civil servant also used public funds from his FY'05 $1.4 million government grants to support the boycotts and to specifically support the amnesty proposals. I want Van Hollen to leave the Town Hall tonight knowing that his will be the same political fate as the politicians in Herndon, VA (just across the Potomac) if he so much as thinks about amnesty! I am worried that I will be carried out, tarred, and feathered though as this area is overrun with illegal aliens, radicals, and liberal apologists. I will appear to be what they claim if I am there alone. Won't stop me from going though!

So, if I can get a chance to ask this gentleman a question what should it be? I don't want to be too confrontational, but I dont want to throw him an easy pitch either. I want him to have to publicly commit to one or the other position. Any ideas?

http://www.alipac.us/article1064.html

CASA helps get drivers licenses!
    http://narcosphere.narconews.com/sto.../13/231251/427

Too many other links to post
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

Have you got any proof that he spent government money on boycotts? You need to nail on something that's illegal, not just how he feels about amnesty.

If you have the proof, I would present it to him and ask for him to comment on the misuse of government funds.

Make sure you wear an "Amnesty For All" sign so you will get called on. If you appear to be a trouble maker you may not get a turn.

That's my take. Good luck.

One. Dress well and make contact with any visible security when you arrive. Introduce yourself and tell them your name and smile.

Two, there is a zogby poll around here somewhere showing their is massive opposition to guest worker. You might want to cite that. Having a few simple facts attached to professional sources will both help calm the emotional appeal and show people that you are prepared and thoughtful in your concerns.

I would point out that the existing law calls for employers to be fined, the borders to be secured, and for illegal aliens detected in the US to be deported. Ask him why he thinks the federal government is not enacting these laws as the public expects.

Guest Worker is an amnesty solution to a problem created by non enforcement. You can point out how no employers were fined in 2004 and that was down from only 400 that were fined in 1999. You can point out that ICE has been ordered to only catch and release illegals at the border. Ask him what he is doing about that.

We know that 80% or more Americans want employers fined, the borders secured, and English as our national language.

You stick with those and the people in the audience and the Congress critter might not agree with you but a super majority of Americans will.

If someone confronts you, walk away and make sure it is very clear they initiate the confrontation.

The better dressed you are and the more confident you are in yourself the less likely the hounds are to attack.

If you can get a friend to go with you and video tape you throughout the meeting this will serve as an extra protection and legal aid in the event of mishap. You can also publicize the negative reactions of the others and expose this to the world via video.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Idea for town hall meeting

Tell him if he and his supporters believe illegal immigrants are beneficial for the economy, why when 4 well respected economists testified before the Senate Juducial Comittee, although they expressed varying opinions on the guest worker/amnesty issue all were of the opinion that illegal immigration has a negative impact on the economy as they take more from the government then they pay in taxes. Illegal immigrants contribute less than 0.1% to the GDP. This testimony was given in front of a committee that is pro-amnesty.

Town Hall Meeting

I forgot to mention that the meeting was called by the Senate Judiciary Committee to discuss the impact of illegal immigration on the economy.