Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

John, how could you conclude from reading my post that I want to take away guns from Americans?? It's quite the opposite. I believe in a well armed citizenry. Regarding the media and politicians...the only thing I can suggest is to go to Obama's website, read what Eric Holder is suggesting and visit some of the far left Democratic websites. Why do you think that gun sales and gun training courses are increasing at such a dramatic rate? This isn't because everyone has suddenly just decided to go out and buy an AR15. (I have heard of a 40% increase in demand from some dealers.) People realize that Obama and his cronies have plans. Even if you can find an AR to buy, the prices have more than doubled since November and they can't even guarantee delivery if you order one. I know, I bought one in November and have seen the price double as of February. Sorry for the litany of explanation but to address your comment....YES! They want to take away your right to keep and bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    John, your message espouses a different view of that which you proclaim to hold. We should be very aware that people who want to take away our rights consistently utilize the "cause and effect" argument to further their agenda. For example, Mexico's drug war is so bloody because Americans give them guns...thus they try to direct you to what they would like you to believe is the only reasonable conclusion "we should take away guns in America and all the violence in Mexico and our borders will go away.
    I have not seen or heard any politician or media person suggest that guns should be taken away from anyone in the U.S.
    YOU are the one that I see saying that.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

W, thanks for posting this link. A very powerful and clarifying video clip. Like this lady, many of us don't have to be convinced of our rights to self protection and preservation. We see the necessity of it everyday. I only wish that I could carry a sidearm when I travel across the border on business. Trust me, it's unnerving to feel so exposed and defenseless!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    This video is of an American woman that was as powerless as the people of Mexico when her parents were gunned down in front of her...

WARNING THIS IS GRAPHIC AND HEART WRENCHING

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81n0b ... econd_news

Hupp has been quoted in such publications as U.S. News & World Report, The Wall Street Journal, Texas Monthly, and Time and People magazines. She was featured on CBS's 48 Hours, ABC's World News Tonight[citation needed] and season 3 episode 9 of V******V!. She was awarded the Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award by the National Rifle Association. In 1998, Charlton Heston honored Hupp as the first Texan awarded a lifetime NRA membership.

In the state House, Hupp was a member of the House Rural Caucus and the House Veterans and Military Affairs Caucus. In November 2003, Speaker Tom Craddick appointed Hupp as chair of the House select committee on child welfare and foster care. Craddick also named her to chair the Human Services Committee in the 79th Legislature. She also served on the House Law Enforcement Committee.

Hupp has been recognized by many conservative interest groups: the American Family Association, Free Market Foundation, the Texas Association of Business, the Chamber of Commerce, Texas Alliance For Life, Texas Eagle Forum, and the Young Conservatives of Texas. She was rated 100 percent pro-life by the Texas Right to Life Committee.

Hupp is quoted as having said, "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."[citation needed]

Hupp has hosted a radio talk program in the Greater Austin area. She is a co-founder of the Civil Liberties Defense Foundation, a non-profit legal foundation dedicated to providing educational information relating to the preservation of civil liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights to the United States Constitution and to providing legal services to protect those rights.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234