Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gunshots Fired At Border Patrol From South Of The Border

C.B.P. News Release

Gunshots Fired At Border Patrol From South Of The Border

Thursday, March 05, 2009)

Campo, Calif. - Last night, gunshots were fired from south of the border fence in Campo, Calif. as Border Patrol agents secured a load of marijuana and arrested a suspected smuggler.

At about 7:30 p.m., agents responded to a pair of suspected illegal aliens north of the border near State Route 94. Agents were able to apprehend one of the suspects, a 27-year-old Mexican national, while the other suspect fled south into Mexico.

While the suspect was taken into custody, the sound of three gunshots rang from south of the border fence. The gunfire, which agents suspect came from a small-caliber handgun, did not cause any known injuries.

Border Patrol agents in Southern California seized 200 pounds of marijuana near the border. Smugglers fired shots as the seizure was occurring.

Agents then discovered a small suitcase and two makeshift backpacks that contained a total of 27 bundles of marijuana in the nearby brush where the suspects were originally spotted. The marijuana weighed 116.5 pounds and has an estimated street value of $93,200.

In a separate incident, agents made another marijuana seizure in Campo early this morning. At about 3 a.m., an agent on routine patrol discovered three makeshift backpacks containing nine large bundles of marijuana. The total weight of the marijuana was 200.7 pounds and has an estimated street value of $160,560.

Both marijuana loads and the suspected smuggler were turned over to a multi-agency, anti-drug task force.

The Border Patrol is aware of the recent spike in violence in Mexico and continues to utilize appropriate protocols to ensure the safety of agents and the public while maintaining a strong operational posture on the border.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.

Contacts For This News Release
    San Diego Sector
    CBP Public Affairs
    Phone: (619) 216-4182 Ext: 114 or
    (619) 652-9966 Ext: 192 (Spanish)

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/new ... 2009_5.xml
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They need to CLOSE THE BORDER JANET!!! we are going to be seeing alot more of this.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks to Johnny Sutton, our poor BP agents have been put into a position where if they dare defend themselves from these attacks, they might actually be the ones who are prosecuted, thrown in jail and lose everything they have.

God bless them... I don't know how they do it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Aww, have some sympathy. They were only coming here to do jobs Americans won't do.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Military bases along our borders, close them down.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i just got off the phone with someone at the mexican consulate in San Diego.
    I called them because we all know how quick they are to demand prosecution when border patrol fires their weapon or pepper spray in self defense over an international border. I asked them how come the mexican consulate does not come out just as fast as when a mexican national fires a weapon across the same border.

I was told that after investigations are done, statements are usually released in regard to any cross border incident and the person who i spoke with was rather nice and understood why i called and why i questioned the quickness of the consulates response in the incident a few months ago where a BP agent acted in self defense.

The person told me that since it was a mexican national on mexican soil that the mexican police would have to investigate and would more than likely issue a statement afterwards

The mexican police were probably the ones providing the fire cover! I will not hold my breath waiting for the mexican police to release a statement....

The area out there is very rural, they won't be able to find the shooter even if they try.