Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

H-1B VISA SCAM ON AMERICAN WORKERS

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty52.htm

H-1B VISA SCAM ON AMERICAN WORKERS

By Frosty Wooldridge and Dr. Gene Nelson
    April 23, 2005
    NewsWithViews.com

Our elected officials in Washington, DC take an oath of office to ‘defend and protect’ American citizens. Senators and Representatives pledge their honor to work for the benefit of their American constituents who voted them into office. However, today, after one decade, 890,000 high tech American citizens were forced to train foreign workers and then were fired via the H-1B visa program. In 2000, not satisfied with 115,000 visas per year, Congress increased the annual quota to more than 195,000 visas. That visa is why you hear a foreign voice with broken English when you call for high tech help.

It’s your clue that another American citizen is out of work.

Millions of collegeÂÂ*-trained American citizens have suffered unemployment via Congressional actions. While employers raise the false claim that positions are being "offshored," in reality, immigrants from nations such as India, China, and Russia are displacing American citizens while eroding American wage scales. Simultaneously, the economic elite, who capture most of the value added by these professionals, are experiencing unprecedented increases in their personal wealth – as working American’s economic stability teeters on the brink.

Hundreds of thousands of American citizen recent college graduates are unable to find work. Instead, they are being forced to take low-ÂÂ*skill positions that make scant use of their training. Is this the America we aspire to? Many still live, uninsured, with their parents. Employers covet the "fresh cheap young blood" from Third World nations, instead.

Government leaders trumpet "rising productivity" and continue to suggest that job creation will eventually catch up with population growth. The grim reality is that millions of jobs have been cut since 2000. Those visa holders are "officially" working only eight hours per day. Thus, having millions of these people working as indentured servants in exchange for potential employer "green card" sponsorship results in tens of millions of hours per year of uncompensated overtime ÂÂ* an employer windfall worth billions.

Nobel Prize winner Milton Friedman described the H-1B visa program as another government subsidy (to employers) in 2002. How many more subsidies can we afford? Highly skilled and experienced professionals with PhDs and two decades of "high tech" employment are told by employers they are "overqualified." This thinly--disguised illegal employment discrimination on the basis of age and national origin has meant that many Americans have been seeking full ÂÂ* time employment since 2001. (One employer, Genuity, Inc. retained its special visa holders while axing the jobs of hundreds of American citizens.)

It should be clear by now that these special visa programs, which are a form of corporate welfare, often as a quid ÂÂ* pro ÂÂ* quo for generous campaign contributions, are destroying America as a participatory democracy. Plutocracy is becoming the power behind many government leaders.

A BRIEF HISTORY

The history of these employer ÂÂ* designed "cheap labor" programs includes many ethical lapses. The H visa was created in 1952 to give "special handling" to western range-land owners who wanted inexpensive imported sheepherders. The term "special handling" means that employers don’t have to attest that they are usurping American citizen’s access to jobs. In 1976, in response to still undisclosed considerations, the Association of American Universities (AAU) successfully lobbied U.S. Representative Joshua Eilberg for the passage of the "Eilberg Amendment" which granted universities special handling for college professors and researchers. AAU members imported unprecedented numbers of these skilled professionals at bargain ÂÂ* basement prices, since the employer could sponsor the special visa holder for permanent residency after six years of quasi ÂÂ* slave labor. These colleges cut off the chance for bright, dedicated American citizens to pursue a career in research or teaching. Instead, some worked in those fields for a total of six years, but were discarded by employers like yesterday’s newspaper.

Even more shocking, employers are now importing people to work in very sensitive positions affecting our nation’s infrastructure and national defense. Non ÂÂ* American workers are teaching our young people in elementary schools ÂÂ* and teaching some very un - American values, (such as how unimportant women are, based on the entrenched cultures of India, Middle East and mainland China) to their receptive young charges.

IMPORTING POVERTY

The goal of most employers is clear. Drive down U.S. wages with labor gluts that result from removing all protections against displacement by desperate Third World wage earners.

OUR NEXT STEPS

What can be done to equalize the power of American citizens against these "robber barons?" The first step is to widely circulate information like this article. The opposition annually spends millions of dollars in sophisticated public relations campaigns. American citizens, harnessing the power of the Internet, can counteract their propaganda.

Joining organizations such as WashTech.com, NAEA.US, NumbersUSA.com and FAIRUS.ORG gives you access to citizen empowerment tools to take back this democracy before it is too late. The leadership of reformers such as U.S. Representative Tom Tancredo should be supported and encouraged. We hope it does not take bloody street riots to re-establish American democracy.

The job you save by becoming an activist today may be your job tomorrow.

Write for that 28-point action letter to stop this nation-destroying madness. For you West Coast night owls, every Thursday you can catch yours truly in Las Vegas, Nevada on Mark Edwards’ "Wake Up America" talk show on 50,000watt KDWN-Am-720 10:00 PM to midnight PT, or on the worldwide internet at www.wakeupamericafoundation.com On the home page, click on www.americanvoiceradio.com heard around the world. Five nights a week, Edwards engages patriots from across the nation to bring you the latest on this nation-destroying invasion. If you are affected by illegal aliens, please write 600 to 800 words for national publication. Your name will remain private.

© 2005 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved

Frosty's new book "Immigration's Unarmed Invasion"

Hi

This is absolute GREAT news. Thank you for keeping us informed.

Darlene Thanks for keeping us informed! I just a week ago had experienced this discrimination towards myself and how education I am. They told me as they walked in that I’m over qualified and that I told them that I was willing to take less and work my way but No they said! I’ve been out of work two years but I work part time as a student worker while I earn my BA and while my wife supports the family. How depressing it has come that I’m taking anti depressants to deal with this.

Acidrain

Keep your hopes up Acidrain, don't let them get you down.

With all of the knowledgeable people on this forum working together I am sure we can get out country back.

We just had to find each other.

Now with us working together with some of the other groups, I see things happening already.

William is an excellent leader and he will guide us.

We just have to keep up the momentum.

AcidRain--Over-qualified is not a legal excuse to turn a qualified worker away. Next week go back to that employer and demand a letter in writing as to why you were not hired. You are being discriminated against. Then seek out an attorney that might take your case on a contingency basis. I know it's hard and because I do not have the facts, but if you FEEL that you were discriminated against in favor of an illegal worker or a less qualified worker, then you Dear One may start the Wave of Lawsuits needed to correct this problem in the United States on behalf of unemployed American Victims of employer bias toward criminal activity hiring illegal workers in violation of US Immigration, US Labor and US Civil Rights Law. Read, talk to some college friends that may be in law school, third year students know alot and can give you some free advice over a cup of coffee. GO FOR IT!! Tell your friends and other acquaintenaces facing the same difficulties.

There are 12,000,000 to 15,000,000 Americans out of work because they lost a job. There is NO LABOR SHORTAGE in the United States.

My county has 8.9% unemployment in Feb and in Mar it will be 9.5% yet our state issued drivers license to a wave of illegal aliens and is now trying to give them our colleges and universities through a bill called NC HB 1183!!

Good Luck!! Let us know if we can help you. There are many people watching and involved with this Forum and others across the nation, you never know when someone may pop up with an idea to help you, your family and all Americans.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Acidrain

They told me as they walked in that I’m over qualified and that I told them that I was willing to take less and work my way but No they said!
    So sorry you are having this trouble. I don't know where you are, but the Employment Security Comm. in NC has a number you can call that gives you all the lawyers in your area who specialize in Employment/Labor Law. Most of those lawyers will take a contingency case. Surely you can find at least one who will.

If you need someone to talk to about antidepressants and depression, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'm overqualified in that area!

Also, check out http://www.dbsalliance.org. Great website, lots of information and also an advocacy section!

I have some other good websites if you'd like to have them. Let me know! Be well, my friend. Don't forget to reach out when you need or want to. And don't let anyone tell you to snap out of it! That's BS and you should be glad you know more about the subject than they do.

Another great thing to remember is that it's the people who need the medication and don't take it that we need to worry about!

Ok, the situation is that I applied at General Atomics Aeronautical systems www.uav.com. I applied for a position as a stock clerk because they said that I didn’t have enough experience in the Computer field for a PC Tech position but the position required an AS in Computer Science and at least a year of on the jog training which I had three at the same place I received my degrees. It’s a program for those that go into their area of study get some experience while at school receiving your grade. So I applied for a Stock Clerk II position which required a AA which I have also and I did such things in the same area when I worked in the computers while earning my degree. I did a lot of things, such as: Stocking Computers, Parts, sending defective parts back to manufacture and making out invoices for new equipment and so on and so forth.

So in the interview which was at 8am and I got their at 20 minutes early to fill out any paper work sense they only had my resume and copies of my degrees. Once finished I was asked to wait about 20 minutes which finished at about 8am to start the interview. Two men came in and asked my name and ask me what they do their and I told them that they are defense contractor that this location deals in research and development of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and the Main company deals in Nuclear weapons and about another 12 sub-companies that deal in a variety of defense contracts in different areas. Then they asked me what am I getting my degree in and I told them that I was studying political science and minor in Arab studies. Then one of the guys says what is Political science, and I new right their that they were playing games and the only guy told me that I need to go look for a job with the government and I told them that I was looking for something around where I lived and I wanted the chance to work my way up from the bottom and they said that that isn’t what they are looking for. Though the job description doesn’t say that I was more qualified for the position. I told them that I was wiling to start at the bottom to so that I could learn about the company and work my way up. Then the other asked me why I was learning Arabic and they where snooty about asking me that. My reply was that we as a nation need to do more to understand and adapt and learn the language when this conflict isn’t going anywhere for some time. They seemed very satisfied with my answer. The other man said we that I was to qualify for the position so I told them thank you for you time and I left. I was like you have got to be kidding me when they asked me what Political Science was, I was like and you work on secret classified information? I’m like ok!

Thank you good12me and Judy ill see what I can do but I don’t think that much will come out of it all. Anything else would be much appreciated.

Acidrain

AcidRain--did these people have on suits or were they dressed casually. Tell me what they were wearing and also, did you actually go into an office; did they ask you about your resume, did you fill out an application?

Did you see anyone else around while you were there?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well they were dressed causal, jeans, T-shirt big heavy coat for cold weather and I was interviewed in a conference room where I filled out an application which they already had my resume and copies of my Degrees and H.S. Diploma. They only asked about me going to school at a University, which was on the application and my resume. The only reason I put It their was because it is a large company and I thought it would impress them that I wanted to go some where and if that meant starting at the bottom at such a large company then so be it. My resume doesn’t say that I speak a little Arabic but they had a n area for it on the application so I placed it their.

When I first arrive I meet the security guard at the gate to get it, because of the clearance level of the facility. Then meet the receptionist which was also causal and I also meet another person not sure who she was but she gave me the application and I informed her that I sent in my resume and copies of my degrees. She indicated that I need to fill out this application and the secretly clearance info and a background check packet. Other than that I only saw the two men that kinda of interviewed me.

Personal note: I was dressed in a full suit.

Acidrain

Good for you AcidRain--you gave them respect, qualifications, humility, willingness to work up, willingness to start at the bottom----EVERYTHING a legal employer would be very interested in. I suspect they filled the position with a foreign national. Is there some way to find out? Why don't you call them tomorrow and ask them if the position has been filled and when? Ask them if they have any other positions.

You can not be turned down because you're over-qualified. See the trend? Americans ARE OVER-QUALIFIED!! We are ALREADY the best educated, best trained, work force in the world----but they don't educated, well-trained work force. They want an "inferior" work force.

WHY????

I've heard this over-qualified thing now for some time. That is an excuse to interview a few americans, comply with EEO or attempt to, record your interview, and then if investigated for hiring foreign nationals or illegals, they can say....yeah, we interviewed some Americans....but geez....they all had college degrees or almost had college degrees and were OVER-QUALIFIED!!

Say What????

Then they turn around and cry to Congress they need more high-tech folks from India?

Say What????

Here is the clue: to anyone on the forum--if you have been turned down for a job because you were overqualified go to a discussion group which I'll create now and you can post your experience and name the company. Kinda like Lou Dobbs. Acidrain....I'll create it now and you move your writings to that forum. Put the name of the company in Large Red Letters. You know how to do that using the font colour and font size about?

OVER-QUALIFIED----JUST WHAT IN THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?

That's like a corporate code for "hiring illegals".

NOW we know what they've been up to.

The TACO BELL, who is a sponsor of La Raza, in my town just went 100% hispanic. All the white and black workers that I'd see all the time are GONE!!! We have 8.9% unemployment in our county in Feb and when they post Mar it will be 9.5% and in May we lose another manufacturing company that will lay off another 200 full-time and 550 part-time. Since 2003 we've lost 3000 manufacturing jobs and our county is only 90,000 total population with one small city of 45,000. We are a rural area too.

So TACO BELL, KELLOGGS, FORD, HOME DEPOT, WAL-MART--well that was pretty much my world in terms of consumerism, but I"m boycotting them now. Not one more cent to these companies. They are obviously part of the globalist team. And the defense industry and its suppliers are heading that way too.