Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Haitians in U.S. Illegally Look for Signs of a Deporting Rep

Haitians in U.S. Illegally Look for Signs of a Deporting Reprieve

Published: May 27, 2009
    For Danie, who moved from Port-au-Prince, Haiti, to the United States in 2001 to live with her grandparents, there has never been a good time to go home.

Haiti, which has stumbled from grave political unrest to catastrophic natural disasters, remains one of the world’s poorest nations. So although Danie, 22, is an illegal immigrant, she has decided to stay in New York City. She lives in Cambria Heights, Queens, and is about to graduate from college with a degree in education. She hopes to become an elementary school teacher, but fears that her lack of a Social Security number will leave her few options beyond doing menial labor in an underground economy.

The desperation of Haitians was underscored this month when at least nine people drowned after their boat — crowded mostly with people fleeing Haiti — sank off the Florida coast.

“Things are easier here,â€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Americans first

Sorry, I do not have the luxury of caring for the whole freakin world while Americans, including some in my family and friends circle, are in such dire straights themselves. Dont need to hear these sob stories about illegals...

Re: Americans first

Quote Originally Posted by Tbow009
    Sorry, I do not have the luxury of caring for the whole freakin world while Americans, including some in my family and friends circle, are in such dire straights themselves. Dont need to hear these sob stories about illegals...
    Ditto!
    <div>
    </div>

SHIP THEM TO FRANCE!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)