Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Harry Reid punts on immigration

POLITICO

Harry Reid punts on immigration

By MEREDITH SHINER & MANU RAJU
    4/13/10 6:15 PM EDT

'We won't get to immigration reform this work period,' said Reid. AP

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) backed away from a major push on immigration reform in the coming weeks, amid concerns that the issue may be too volatile for an election year agenda already packed with ambitious legislative plans.

The announcement came in the face of earlier indications from third-ranking Democrat Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) that immigration could get done soon. Reid told thousands of activists during a rally in Las Vegas over the weekend that the Senate would act on immigration reform “now,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't trust this miscreant as far as I can spit! Just today there was an article at Rollcall, which states the exact opposite, Reid Prepares for Immigration Battle
    April 13, 2010!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We're doing our very best. We're taking valuable time here in the Senate to protect the people that don't have lobbyists back here to lobby for them. These are people who have been out of work for a long time. We have never extended unemployment benefits except under emergency basis. And we can't do that now. It would set a terrible precedence for all emergencies," the majority leader said.
    How friggin' NOBLE! You are determined to represent those that pay your salary, perks, and pension versus lobbyists who are campaign contributors. Harry must realize that his hopes of reelection are zip. Either that or the WH delivered a message via Rahm Emanuel.

DOESNT MATTER

Harry Reid is a dirty and corrupt piece of garbage. He must be removed NO MATTER THE COST...

Reid and Pelosi are the most destructive forces in the U S, ON the U S...

Really? Then why did I just get this email from NumbersUSA? Even though it's a fund raising email, still.... I don't trust dirty Harry Reid as far as I could throw him.

Allow images from NumbersUSA to see our logo here
    Harry Reid claims only 4 votes short for Amnesty!

Senate Majority Leader promises crowd of Illegal Aliens and their supporters that he will deliver Amnesty; claims to have started work to pass Amnesty 'now'

It's now or never in the U.S. Senate.

"We're going to come back, we're going to have comprehensive immigration reform now," Sen. Reid declared over the weekend.

Yesterday, the Senate returned to Washington, and staffers were scrambling to fulfill Reid's promise that an Amnesty is the next big push.

Amnesty should be too unpopular for Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) and Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to tackle in an election year.

After all, a CNN poll released yesterday showed that 66% of Americans do not want the path to citizenship made easier for illegal aliens. According to the poll, only four in ten Democrats want those changes!

So why would Democratic leaders in Congress want to push amnesty, an extremely unpopular measure, now?

Bottom line is this: Reid knows the upcoming election is shaping up very badly for his party. He may lose his majority in the Senate. He very well may lose his own re-election bid. He's polling way behind in Nevada. He's almost out of tricks.

For Reid, passing an Amnesty bill is literally Now or Never! He wants to push through an amnesty now when he may have the votes to overcome a filibuster. And he must be stopped.

I think they are sending two different messages to two different audiences trying to get Americans to stay asleep while energizing illegals and their supporters.

W

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I think they are sending two different messages to two different audiences trying to get Americans to stay asleep while energizing illegals and their supporters.
    That's what it sounds like to me too, William. Reid is a seasoned political actor and these mixed messages could be an act they conjured up to throw everybody off. That is precisely why they should be watched ever more closely. There must be someone on the inside that he is working with who can be tapped for accurate information.

What a change from his big talk at the rally over the weekend. This is where the expression 'talking out of both sides of one's mouth' comes from.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Better keep a very close eye on Schumer. Reid may have punted the ball to him to relieve pressure on himself.

This comment stunned me.

"We're doing our very best. We're taking valuable time here in the Senate to protect the people that don't have lobbyists back here to lobby for them. These are people who have been out of work for a long time.
    Is he so ignorant of his duties and so corrupt that he forgets that, as citizens, our Representatives are supposed to protect us. Lobby for us so to speak.

Or, is he himself taking the role of lobbyist for illegal foreign nationals that are in this country illegally?

In my opinion, he is vile.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast