Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Has Ebola struck in Colorado?

Has Ebola struck in Colorado?
    February 16, 2005 - 7:20 am PST -- In the past 24 hours a reliable source told me that a Mexican male who was extremely ill entered the Montrose Memorial Hospital in Montrose, Colorado (800 South 3rd Street · 970-249-2211). Within 24 hours this man was dead. My source stated that the dead man's organs had turned to liquid. -- Due to the nature of this unusual illness, could it be that Ebola has hit the Western Slope of Colorado? -- [Note (2/18/05): Reports later indicated the cause of death was necrotising faciitis, a bacterial infection.]
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Sixx,

There is a hemoragic virus that breaks out on rare occassions in Central America. I can't remember the name of it. I found it on the CDC website a few years back. It is very similiar to ebola.

Rare outbreaks like Bubonic Plague carried by prarie dogs. I think I spotted it when I was researching the Hanta <sp?> virus outbreak in the 4 corners. It has been several years cant remember if that is the correct spelling. Perhaps Dengue fever (sp?)

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Sixx,

There is a hemoragic virus that breaks out on rare occassions in Central America. I can't remember the name of it. I found it on the CDC website a few years back. It is very similiar to ebola.

Rare outbreaks like Bubonic Plague carried by prarie dogs. I think I spotted it when I was researching the Hanta <sp?> virus outbreak in the 4 corners. It has been several years cant remember if that is the correct spelling. Perhaps Dengue fever (sp?)

W
    I am pretty sure you are refering to Dengue fever. I have not heard of Ebola hemoragic outside of Africa (and it is so deadly that it does not spread much, ppl die before they can travel). Dengue is supposed to be like that (SUPER deadly, and does not spread much due to that).

However, ANY case of a hemoragic fever inside the US is VERY bad news.

Sixx, can you try to find out more info?

H.