Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hazelton: Pro-IIRA shirt has origins in Avoca

Pro-IIRA shirt has origins in Avoca
    Wednesday, 04 April 2007
    By L.A. TARONE
    tarone@standardspeaker.com
    The ad appeared on page 17 of Monday’s Standard-Speaker. “Show your support for the illegal immigration relief act,” its top line blared.
    It was an ad for T-shirts that stated, “Illegal stops here!! Hazleton, PA.”
    The ad noted a portion of proceeds would benefit the city’s legal defense fund, smalltowndefenders.com. It directed readers to the Web site exporttheimport.com, where the shirts could be bought for $16.99 plus $2 shipping and handling.
    What no one seemed to know was who’s behind them.
    There was even some guess the city itself was, as a marketing idea to aid donations to its legal fund.
    It turns out the man behind the site and the shirts doesn’t live in the immediate Hazleton area. He’s from nearby Avoca.
    Sal Acquisto said he and a handful of friends followed the case through the media and wanted to show their support.
    “We had all these issues we talked about,” Acquisto said. “We said, ‘We’ve got to do something.’ With the ACLU getting involved, they will break these small towns. They come in with truckloads of money and we’re trying to help.”
    Acquisto said smalltowndefenders.com will get $3 per shirt sold at first, though he said he hopes to increase that figure.
    “We put our own money in, though I’m sure of the exact figure right now,” Acquisto said.
    “After we cover our investment we’re going try to give more.”
    Acquisto said the city had nothing to do with the shirt’s creation, but did approve to use the name of the city.
    “We talked to Hazleton first; we didn’t just want to print the name ‘Hazleton, PA,’ without getting permission first,” Acquisto.
    “So we talked to Mayor Barletta’s office and it thanked us for our support.”
    Acquisto said he hasn’t done a lot of advertising.
    “We’re not interested in making money, we’re interested in trying to help out and be a part of history,” he said.
    Acquisto said sales have “started out slow” but are picking up.
    “I just mailed one to Albuquerque, N.M.,” he said.
    “Illegal has to stop somewhere and it will stop in Hazleton,” Acquisto said. “Hazleton will be the bullet against illegal immigration.”
    http://link.toolbot.com/standardspeaker.com/72899

I'd love one of these shirts. I have to figure out how to contact this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    I'd love one of these shirts. I have to figure out how to contact this guy!
    Go to this website. I think this will be what your looking for.

http://exporttheimport.com/default.aspx
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Thanks Dragon I found it!

Why are they only in L, XL, & XXL? Too bad, I would have gotten one.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

T-shirts

WOW!!! Thank you for the recognition. We could not have IMAGINED the support we are getting in regards to our T-shirt sales. It is truly AMAZING!!! We had the opportunity to meet Mayor Barletta yesterday and present him with the first donation from the sale of our shirts. Hopefully...the first of many donations. What an incredible individual he is.

Exporttheimport.com started with three friends and co-workers who wanted to help Mayor Barletta and his cause (our cause) any way we can. Even though we live a few miles outside of Hazleton, we feel the effects on all of our hometowns. We need to do what we can to support this fight.

Thanks again for everyone who is purchasing, sending well wishes and standing behind us. We TRULY appreciate it.

www.exporttheimport.com

ExporttheImport:

Hello there, welcome aboard!

Thanks for stopping in and keeping us updated.

Please stick around and post some...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: T-shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Exporttheimport
    WOW!!! Thank you for the recognition. We could not have IMAGINED the support we are getting in regards to our T-shirt sales. It is truly AMAZING!!! We had the opportunity to meet Mayor Barletta yesterday and present him with the first donation from the sale of our shirts. Hopefully...the first of many donations. What an incredible individual he is.

Exporttheimport.com started with three friends and co-workers who wanted to help Mayor Barletta and his cause (our cause) any way we can. Even though we live a few miles outside of Hazleton, we feel the effects on all of our hometowns. We need to do what we can to support this fight.

Thanks again for everyone who is purchasing, sending well wishes and standing behind us. We TRULY appreciate it.

www.exporttheimport.com
    I'm going to the site now to buy a shirt, Exporttheimport! I am so anxious to support Hazleton any way I can.

Re: T-shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Exporttheimport

www.exporttheimport.com
    I just saw on the site that the shirts are made in the USA. I didn't read that in the article, unless I missed it, and I just thought some people might want to know.

Thanks for pointing that out....yep....only American made!! In case anyone is interested in seeing it, you can actually go on to www.ssptv.com and see the news broadcasts that were done regarding our website. We were totally shocked when we saw it ourselves!! It is really great to see the entire city behind their mayor. The local news even put our link on their website. When you arrive on their site, hit the News 13 button in the top right corner. Go to watch full episodes. Hit Monday evening, Tuesday midday (Mayor Barletta is on here with his shirt) or Tuesday evening. REALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!! and totally unexpected. We didn't contact the news they did it on their own.

Not going to take it anymore.....I will be sure to get your shirt out to you ASAP!!! Thanks...and be sure to send us a photo for our website! :P

Oh...before I forget to mention it...special thanks to V. for e-mailing us and letting me know we were posted on your site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast