Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hazleton: 14-year-old raped

Hazleton Police Log - Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A 26-year-old man faces rape and related charges after he allegedly forced himself on a 14-year-old girl from West Hazleton early Monday morning in the northwest section of the Humboldt Industrial Park in Hazle Township.

Ricardo Perez-Toledo of West Diamond Avenue, Hazleton, was arraigned on charges of rape, statutory sexual assault, sexual assault, indecent assault (four counts) and corruption of minors Tuesday morning.

He was committed to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility in Wilkes-Barre in lieu of $30,000 bail. A preliminary hearing was set for 10 a.m. Oct. 22 in Luzerne County Central Court in Wilkes-Barre.

The victim and another girl arranged to meet a man at the Fifth Street Playground in West Hazleton at 2 a.m. and waited until 3 a.m., when two vehicles with four men arrived at the playground, police said.

The girls got into one of the vehicles, which was occupied by two adult men and went to the industrial park, police said. Perez-Toledo suggested that they walk into the adjacent woods and each couple went a different direction, court papers said.

The victim complained about being cold, so she and Perez-Toledo went back to the car and sat in the back seat, court papers said. Perez-Toledo then attempted to force the girl to have sexual intercourse, police said.

Doing a quick search, Perez-Toledo has been caught driving without a license, and there's no trace of him (under this name anyway) before May 2006. The Hazleton cops "don't know" if he's here illegally.

Same link:

Hazleton man stabbed during domestic dispute

A Hazleton man was stabbed when he intervened in a domestic dispute involving his brother and an ex-girlfriend early Sunday morning in Hazleton, city police said.

Wilfredo Rosado suffered a stab wound to the upper left side of his body, police said. He was taken to Hazleton General Hospital and flown to St. Luke’s Hospital in Bethlehem, police said. The hospital had no record of him Tuesday, a supervisor said.

The incident at 1:38 a.m. Sunday began with a dispute between Melissa Santiago, 21, of West Second Street, who approached her ex-boyfriend, David Rosado, with a kitchen knife, police said. During the fight, Wilfredo Rosado was stabbed and David Rosado suffered several cuts to his hands, police said.

Santiago was charged with aggravated assault, four counts; possessing instrument of crime, simple assault, two counts; and recklessly endangering another person, two counts.

Standard Speaker

No word on legal status for Ms. Santiago either, and neither the cops nor the hospitals will fork over any info ... which makes me think both criminals just might be here illegally.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

This is what open borders get's you.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Why are 14-year-olds out at 2 a.m.? Is there a parent that assumes no responsibility? Or were they also out at 2 a.m.?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Why are 14-year-olds out at 2 a.m.? Is there a parent that assumes no responsibility? Or were they also out at 2 a.m.?
    That's what I said to my husband, vortex. I have a young teenaged daughter, and she still has to go to bed at 8:30 pm ... (which she says is "unfair" -- LOL)

I can only assume the parent(s) had no idea the girl was gone ... probably snuck out, and hopefully is in deep doo-doo for it as well.

On the other hand, there are plenty of drug-addicted parents in Hazleton. That is not speculation. I can name some and give their addresses. (And yes, I've called the DARE team and informed them of what I know. They just don't do anything about it.)

So, I don't know why this girl was out at 2am, but the parents definitely hold some blame in this too.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Why isn't it law to put country of origin if you aren't American citizen when immigrants go to jail or prison in the public notices concerning inmates?

Americans need to know who is not to be in the United States with words, pictures, and records. Privacy is not a right for undocumented immigrants.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)