Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Heated Exchange at Utah Legislature

http://www.kcpw.org/article/2776

Heated Exchange at Utah Legislature
    Jan 26, 2007 by Julie Rose

Cannon and State Senators Spar
    (KCPW News) Congressman Chris Cannon took fire from Utah lawmakers today on immigration and federal budget earmarks. After Cannon's customary address to the State Legislature, Senator Howard Stephenson launched the accusations.
    "We are fed up with Congress' inability to run the affairs of this nation, and we expect our delegation to take greater leadership in making it happen," said Stephenson.

Stephenson lashed out at the federal highway funding bill passed by Congress - calling it a huge "pork embarrassment." He also criticized Cannon for claiming yet again that Congress will soon fix the issue of immigration. In response, Cannon said failure to reform immigration was a major reason Republicans lost control of Congress:

"Republicans at the leadership level made a huge mistake on immigration issue by listening to people who were xenophobic, who were racist and who were trying to create a wedge issue," said Cannon.

Cannon told lawmakers immigration reform is more likely with Democrats in control of Congress. Representative Jim Matheson spoke to the Legislature immediately after Cannon and added his optimism that a measure allowing guest worker visas for immigrants will be enacted this year.

~~~~~~~
    At the link there is a couple speech's to hear also.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Republicans at the leadership level made a huge mistake on immigration issue by listening to people who were xenophobic, who were racist and who were trying to create a wedge issue," said Cannon.
    Cannon just makes me mad as hell. He will always use xenophobia and racism comments to anyone who opposes his support on amnesty.
    He obviously doesn't realize that Republicans didn't lose soley based on immigration issues.

Come on Utahns, we need to vote this bum out of office. Stop being ignorant and stop supporting this traitor!!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Cannon just makes me mad as hell. He will always use xenophobia and racism comments to anyone who opposes his support on amnesty.
    He obviously doesn't realize that Republicans didn't lose soley based on immigration issues.

Come on Utahns, we need to vote this bum out of office. Stop being ignorant and stop supporting this traitor!!
    I did try to vote the idiot out, but you and I both know that this is a RED state that backs republican's no matter what. It also doesn't help the state when the dominating religion also encourages the illegal invasion.
    There is an agenda by those in power that the population is not allowed to know about. As they sell our country down the river, we are left with the bill.

"Republicans at the leadership level made a huge mistake on immigration issue by listening to people who were xenophobic, who were racist and who were trying to create a wedge issue," said Cannon. "

Huh? Clearly Cannon is out of touch. If he were to wake up from his utopian slumber he might realize that the party leadership has spent FAR too much time and effort listening to those that wish to change the US into a Third World country, rather than enforce our immigration laws. Cannon is a part of the problem.

It bugs me to see folks like Cannon and Jeff Flake defend these law breaking, tax sucking people.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

cannon loves slaves and he love his God...the Dollar
    scum bag...I am calling his office too!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

How dare that piece of garbage pull this crap!

He's nothing more than a greedy, cheating, lying congressional waterboy.

It would be very interesting to take a look at his investment portfolio
    The answer is in black and white and GREENBACK.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would be very interesting to take a look at his investment portfolio
    The answer is in black and white and GREENBACK.
    B-I-N-G-O!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Chris Cannon has had endorsements from pro illegal groups before. He claims to be a conservative, but he's just like Romney. A liberal inside the skin of a conservative.
    So don't let his BS fool you!
    Don't let the LDS religion thing cloud the issue. I am LDS and all mormons are taught to obey the laws of the land as it states in Romans 13.

One of the many problems we have in Utah is that so many liberals from CA have moved here and converted to the mormon church and brought their evil liberal ways with them.

Cannon voted against a measure in 2004 called HR 3722.

Official Title of Legislation:

HR 3722: To amend section 1011 of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 to impose conditions on Federal reimbursement of emergency health services furnished to undocumented aliens.

Project Vote Smart Synopsis:

Vote to pass a bill that would require hospitals to provide information on undocumented immigrants seeking emergency medical care.

Highlights:

- Would prohibit Federal reimbursement of funds to hospitals that provide emergency services to undocumented immigrants unless the hospital provides the Secretary of Homeland Security with citizenship and employment records.

- Would make employers of some undocumented immigrants financially responsible for the medical treatment of these immigrants.

- Allows the Secretary of Homeland Security to remove illegal alien's under Federal immigration law.

Note: Considered under suspension of the rules. 2/3 majority of those present and voting required for passage

House Passage Vote: 5/18/2004: Failed: (2/3 required): 88 - 331 (Roll no. 182).

Don't let the LDS religion thing cloud the issue. I am LDS and all mormons are taught to obey the laws of the land as it states in Romans 13.

One of the many problems we have in Utah is that so many liberals from CA have moved here and converted to the mormon church and brought their evil liberal ways with them.
    Many of the LDS people who live in my neighborhood are extremely upset at the immigration problem.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

"Don't let the LDS religion thing cloud the issue. I am LDS and all mormons are taught to obey the laws of the land as it states in Romans 13."

That's what bothers me about Cannon, Flake, Harry Reid, and Romney. These guys know what standards we have in the Church. I can't believe they would even entertain the notion of granting these illegal immigrants amnesty. Shameful! It's been tough enough for us to get over other issues, but when conservatives see these guys support the things they do, it does not help.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    "Don't let the LDS religion thing cloud the issue. I am LDS and all mormons are taught to obey the laws of the land as it states in Romans 13."

That's what bothers me about Cannon, Flake, Harry Reid, and Romney. These guys know what standards we have in the Church. I can't believe they would even entertain the notion of granting these illegal immigrants amnesty. Shameful! It's been tough enough for us to get over other issues, but when conservatives see these guys support the things they do, it does not help.
    Tyrant, don't forget about Condi. Its very obvious that all of these folks you mentioned forgot the first and most important commandment.
    Thou shalt have no other God before me.
    It seems they've been seduced by the dark side of the force...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast