Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Raise the salary by $3 or $4 an hour and they'll have people knocking down the door. Just more whining from people who don't want to resort to profiting less.

Again, I have ZERO sympathy for people who EXPECT things to cost next-to-nothing.

I was just watching this week's Bill Maher, and his closing "bit" was about how we've "gotten used to artificially low prices" on certain things. ...His main point was about WalMart and China: "if we demand to pay next-to-nothing for things, then don't be surprised, or complain if they're made of poison, mud and shit".

Seriously... the politicians, and the media and businesses so badly want to prop up this "ideal" of a standard of living that they're sacrificing basic economic principles for it. And the VAST majority of American People are just too stupid to see that this is merely a skyscraper made of old, wet playing cards.

Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

I just don't feel bad for this guy.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

This story is a great BS propaganda piece but incorrect. In my area, My eighteen year old son has applied to over thirty local places of business looking for a afterschool/weekend job, so far no calls. Bear in mind this is a kid who has held a retail job since he first turned 16. He applied to all the local fastfood places, retail, etc..no openings, yet most seem to mainly employ recently arrived latinos? Many businesses are claiming in local news stories they have no choice but to hire illegal aliens due to no Americans applying. As I'm typing this out, I'm getting madder and madder, I'll be going next time he visits local businesses and have a brief word with management about hiring practices and our laws.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Exactly. Remember a couple of months ago, a story came out that a "firm" acutally existed to help hi-tech businesses "pretend" like they weren't getting any applicants so they could qualify for the H1-B Visas?

These businesses are simply cheating.
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Every year my sons were in high school, finding a job got harder and harder. The places they'd worked (major grocery chains) closed and they were out again. Ditto for the restaurant chains. And every time they'd go hunting farther and farther, applying for more and more different things. But there were people working there already, who spoke Spanish. Not proof of anything, but suspicious.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

perhaps the businesses should form a coalition and agree to bring in families from other American cities that have a high rate of unemployment and people looking for a fresh start.. hmm theres a plan.

of course increasing the wage helps to. This is what growing pains is all about, nobody said would feel all comfy at first. If an economy is booming labor becomes short, as demand out weighs supply rates rise (wages) and more workers enter the geographic region.

Eventually too many workers (especially with our porus borders) and wages start to plummet again.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Every year my sons were in high school, finding a job got harder and harder. The places they'd worked (major grocery chains) closed and they were out again. Ditto for the restaurant chains. And every time they'd go hunting farther and farther, applying for more and more different things. But there were people working there already, who spoke Spanish. Not proof of anything, but suspicious.
    betsy. What you describe at the end is proof of something. I have dubbed it "workplace segregation"

it is the willful separation of people of brown color from the rest of the work force by a corporation using the excuse that they "speak spanish only" this phenomenon started in meat packing plants and construction sites but now has spread to restaurants, fast food and retail stores like wal-mart.

i created a facebook to raise awareness of this trend here:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5290717007

EMPLOYERS ARE ADDICTED TO ILLEGAL WORKERS. SO RIGHT NOW THEY ARE GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWAL. BUT THEY WILL HEAL....AND THEN THEY WILL HIRE CITIZENS. THIS IS IF THEY WANT TO STAY IN BUSINESS. OTHERWISE THEY CAN GO OUT OF BUSINESS. AND THE SMARTER BUSINESS OWNERS CAN PICK UP THE SLACK. AND IT WILL LEAVE SOME ROOM FOR NEW BUSINESS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stay away from businesses where employees choose to speak Spanish only as much as possible. I am finding that the Publix stores in Broward County have more of them and they speak Spanish among each other even though customers dod not speak it. One day we had 2 women do that and my duaghter and I began in a non English langauge. The women both gave a dirty looks. The manager seen it and spoke to them about it as I never had them speak Spanish in front of me again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast