Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hero of the Week: Sen. Jeff Sessions

Hero of the Week: Sen. Jeff Sessions

by Colin Hanna

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R.-Ala.) should be crowned Hero of the Week, and possibly Hero of the Year, for his role in the immigration debate.

Sessions’ amendment to provide for 870 miles of physical border barriers along the U.S.-Mexican border (370 miles of triple-element fencing and 500 miles of vehicle barriers) broke the legislative logjam between the Senate and the House, and may well have paved the way for meaningful border security and immigration reform.

Until that bold stroke, assisted by Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist’s (R.-Tenn.) support, it looked like the Senate would produce a bill so far to the left of the House immigration bill passed last December that no House-Senate conference committee could craft a mid-point compromise between the two bills that would enjoy the support of both houses.

In one move, Sessions put the Senate bill back on the track to approval, only two days after the President’s speech that was strong on the rhetoric of border security, but timid on the details.

Much work remains to be done to continue to improve other portions of the Senate immigration bill—most notably the guest-worker plan and legalization of existing illegal immigrants—but that work can proceed in seriousness now that the final bill looks likely to pass meet the House’s insistence for strong border security provisions as a pre-condition to any immigration liberalization or guest worker program.

“Border security first” has always been the sensible middle point between “border security only” and amnesty, but for several weeks, it looked like the Senate didn’t accept that reality.

Sessions’ supporting cast of heroes also deserves recognition: Chief of Staff Rick Dearborn and his Judiciary Committee staff, headed by Cindy Hayden. Just as good fences make good neighbors, so good staffers make good senators.

Mr. Hanna is president of Let Freedom Ring and WeNeedAFence.com. He is the former commissioner of Chester County, Pa.

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/articl ... 4966&cid=0
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

What? We don't want any guest worker program of any kind. We want these people deported!!

The Senate Bill will allow 66,000,000 new immigrants into the US over the next 20 years.

Kill that snake bill now.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy, the Heritage foundation study estimates 193 million. That is two thirds our present population, and the majority of these people will be unskilled and uneducated. This increase will include the parents of any illegal granted amnesty and these parents at age 65 will be eligible for SSI payments and Medicaid. If their children are found disabled and deemed eligible for disabled child benefits under SSI the mother and the child will get medicaid and the child will get disability payments most likely for life. I think I'm beginning to hear that giant sucking sound Ross Perot described again.
    It's amazing what our congress is willing for us to sacrifice for votes and cheap labor. I say for us because they will be insulated from the strain this puts on traditional American families by virtue of their wealth.

And more: as the Senate bill S.2611 stands atm:
    (and it's late and I am summarizing)

The guest worker bill includes visas from all nations with free trade agreements- Nafta, Cafta etc.. The applicants (industry) petition for workers thru Homeland Security for their need. HSD approves. Temps come in.. and can stay up to 4 years- at which time they (the Temps!)
    can petition for themselves to get permanent legal status. (As in my Homeboy owns a nice business that are short of workers)

AND!- Bush's BS about If you have been here illegally less than (what was it 5 years ?) you have to leave the country? Well if you have been here for 1 year you can apply for 'Deferred mandatory deportation' or some such nonsense.. and stay in the country or leave or whatever you want - for up to 4 years I think- while your petition for a green card is processed. Sure the longer you wait- the higher the fine- but nevertheless the point is------ you can get a green card !

Oh! and one other thing- if you have an anchor baby, are a kid under 16, illegally here in USA schools, married to an American Citizen, OR (open the doors real wide now) if it's a HARDSHIP on your family you can get a waiver and apply for legal staus right away. There's a few other waiver rights but like I said I'm summarizing.

Read S.2611!!! You'll see you can drive 100 LNG tankers end to end horizontally thru the holes in this Bill.

we don't need ANY immigration reform -- we need to enforce the laws that are on the book and we need to reform Congress
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"