Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hershey Plant closing moving to MEXICO!!

More American jobs being outsourced due to GREED!!!!!! More freight for the Mexican trucks to bring across!
    With the Mexican trucks coming over now and the SPP and NAU knocking on our doorsteps, I think there will be many more companies now moving to Mexico instead of China. The incentive will be there for them to cut down on shipping cost!!
    The article is a little old hope it wasn't discussed before

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/7915536.html

HERSHEY ALREADY MOVED TO MEXICO. IN FACT THEY WERE TARGETED BY ONE OF THE RECENT PIPE BOMBINGS. I HAVE AN ARTICLE IN ONE OF MY FILES. I WILL TRY TO FIND IT.

OK HERE IT IS:

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2007/09/1 ... in-mexico/

Sabotage blamed for Pemex pipeline explosions in Mexico
    Posted Sep 10th 2007 1:33PM by Michael Fowlkes

Filed under: International markets, Bad news, Consumer experience, Hershey Co (HSY), Mexico, Politics, Oil

Mexico announced today that Petroleos Mexicanos, also known as Pemex, was the victim of several explosions that affected at least five different pipelines in the country.

Pemex, the Mexican state oil monopoly, has stated that today's attacks were deliberate in nature, and forced the evacuation of around 12,000 people. Luckily, as of now there are no reported deaths resulting from today's attacks.

This is not the first time this summer that Pemex has been attacked. In July it was reported that a leftist guerrilla group (the Popular Revolutionary Army) attacked not only another major Pemex pipeline, but also carried out attacks on at least a dozen other major companies. The companies attacked included big names such as Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), Kellogg Co. (NYSE: K) and Hershey Co. (NYSE: HSY).

Following the attacks earlier this summer, the Mexican government increased security at "strategic installations" around the country, but that did not stop the wave of violence today.

According to a report on Bloomberg, it appears as though the five pipelines were hit by six different explosions, and that four of these explosions resulted in fires, which have since been put under control.

There are still no estimates as to the effect that today's attacks will have on the country's energy supplies, but the attack in July reportedly resulted in more than 100 companies having to cut or suspend production due to lack of gas.

Michael Fowlkes has worked as a stock trader for seven years and spent the last two years working as an analyst for the online investment advisory service Investor's Observer.

Tags: hershey, hmc, Honda Motor Co., HondaMotorCo., hsy, inthenews, Pemex, Petroleos Mexicanos, PetroleosMexicanos, Popular Revolutionary Army, PopularRevolutionaryArmy
    Read
    Email this
    Comments [0]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hershey is now on my list of products not to buy.

And maybe they will take the illegal workers with them.

YA NO MORE HERSHEY'S FOR ME EITHER. I AM BUYING GHIRARDELLI NOW. MADE HERE IN THE BAY AREA. JUST HOPE THEY DONT HIRE ILLEGALS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can I illegally cross the border into Mexico and work at the factory? Oops, I guess not then I would be violating MEXICAN immigration laws.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I just went to the website for Hershey Chocolate and I can find no mention of them moving plants to Mexico. Isn't that interesting? They will be getting an email from me saying I will no longer be buying any of their products.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

OH OF COURSE THEY WOULD NOT WANT TO PUT THAT ON THEIR WEB SITE. THEY KNOW WHAT SCUM THEY ARE FOR MOVING THEIR PLANT TO MEXICO. THE NAME HERSHE'YS USE TO BE SYNONOMOUS WITH ALL AMERICAN. NOW ITS IN MEXICO. BLECH!!!

It's also closing one here in California; in Oakdale. And we aren't the only ones; looks like they're moving out of Canada too! So much for any advantage for us or Canada with the SPP! I won't be buying any, it'll probably have lead in it now!

Hershey Plant in Oakdale to Close
    Written by Elizabeth Bishop, Senior Internet News Producer

Monika Diaz's Report
    E-mail Story Print Story

The Hershey Chocolate factory in Oakdale is going to close, according to a company spokesman.

Kirk Seville said employees received notice of the closure this afternoon. The plant is scheduled to close in early 2008.

The factory is Hershey's only one on the West Coast and has been a tourist attraction and employer in Oakdale since it opened in 1965.

The plant employs 575 workers who make Hershey Bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and other sweets. However, recently it has been operating at 40 percent capacity.

The plant has an annual payroll of $27 million and injects another $27 million into the Modesto area's economy through the purchase of materials and services.

Last week the company announced it was closing two other plants, one in Connecticut and another in Reading, Pennsylvania.

The annual Oakdale Chocolate Festival, scheduled for May 19-20 and featuring many News10 anchors, will go on as planned. Mary Guardiola, the Chief Executive Officer of the festival, says that they plan to have the popular local event continue for years to come.

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=27247

Hershey confirms Smiths Falls plant will close
    Last Updated: Thursday, February 22, 2007 | 6:55 PM ET
    CBC News

Canada's "chocolate capital" is losing its Hershey factory, the company confirmed Thursday.

Spokesman Kirk Saville said the company told employees at its Smiths Falls plant in eastern Ontario that its closure is part of "a supply chain realignment."

The Chocolate Shoppe attached to the Smiths Falls Hershey plant drew 425,000 visitors in 2005, says town Coun. Dawn Quinn. It is shown here in a November photo.The Chocolate Shoppe attached to the Smiths Falls Hershey plant drew 425,000 visitors in 2005, says town Coun. Dawn Quinn. It is shown here in a November photo.
    (CBC)

"The exact timing of its closure will depend on business conditions, but we expect to begin a phased shutdown later this year with some operations continuing through 2008," Saville said, reading from a company statement.

He added that the company planned to work with the employees' union and partner with the government to help the workers who lose their jobs.

Last week, the company had said there was a "high probability" of a shutdown.

Henry Gadhan, who heads the union representing the plant workers, said news of the closure was an "absolute shock."

"This plant has been a profitable plant," he said. "Certainly we've had no inkling that this is either losing money or that they need to close it down."

The plant employs about 400 people in a town of 9,000 that is about 60 kilometres south of Ottawa.
    Chocolate capital

Town Coun. Dawn Quinn, who chairs the committee that organizes the town's annual Chocolate and Railway festival, said the Chocolate Shoppe attached to the Hershey factory drew 425,000 visitors to the town in 2005.

"We're actually known as the chocolate capital of Canada," she said. "You go outside and you can smell the chocolate in the air sometimes."

'We're actually known as the chocolate capital of Canada.... You go outside and you can smell the chocolate in the air sometimes.'— Smiths Falls Coun. Dawn Quinn

But she said she is confident the town will move past the factory closure.

"It's a done deal and it really hits hard, but you know, we have to be positive."

On Feb. 15, Hershey Co., based in Pennsylvania, announced that it would cut about 1,500 jobs from its worldwide workforce of 13,000, reduce production lines by more than one-third, outsource some production and build a factory in Mexico as part of a three-year restructuring plan.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2 ... =rss%22%22

A great American company goes straight into the toilet!