Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

High School coach fired for aiding illegals cause

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.worldnetdaily.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INVASION USA
    High-school coach fired
    for aiding illegals' cause
    English prof: 'We gots 2 show the U.S. that they aint (expletive) with out us'

Posted: April 6, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Rudy Rios (courtesy KHOU-TV, Houston)

A junior-varsity baseball coach at Cesar Chavez High School in Houston has been ejected from his sports duties after using his position to advocate the cause of illegal aliens.

Rudy Rios admits he used a district copier to make fliers encouraging Hispanic students to attend a rally protesting restrictions on illegal immigration.

According to the Houston Chronicle, the fliers read: "We gots 2 stay together and protest against the new law that wants 2 be passed against all immigrants. We gots 2 show the U.S. that they aint (four-letter expletive) with out us (sic)."

Rios is an English-as-a-second-language teacher, and is keeping that position despite his ouster from the baseball program.

"I don't believe that was the right choice and I let them know right there and then," Rios told KHOU-TV. "I mean it wasn't anything bad against the school."

The Houston Independent School District has a different opinion.

"Mr. Rios used taxpayer-funded school equipment to copy and distribute to children an offensive statement," spokesman Terry Abbott told the Chronicle. "The principal exercised his authority to remove Mr. Rios as junior-varsity baseball coach, and it certainly was an appropriate decision."

Just last week, Principal Robert Pambello at newsman Dan Rather's alma mater in Houston, John Reagan High School, was disciplined for flying a Mexican flag below the U.S. and Texas banners on campus.

The Houston Federation of Teachers says many educators are having a tough time keeping their opinions on immigration out of the classroom.

"A teacher's role is to be informative, but not persuasive. They need to talk to students. They need to make sure they know the issues, but like any other political issue, their role is not to express a specific opinion," president Gayle Fallon told the paper. "A teacher is a citizen. A teacher has every right to – on their own time – be as public as they want, no matter how popular or unpopular their views."

As for Rios, he claims to have the support of many students and fellow teachers who want him back on the playing field.

"They're like, 'When are you coming back? We need you, we want you,'" he told KHOU. "To me that's why I can't let this die and let it go. Because they're asking me, and I teach them and tell them, 'Well, you need to stand up for what you believe, stand up for your rights,' and then the teacher doesn't. Well that sounds to me like double talk."

Related special offers:

"Conquest of Aztlan": Will Mexicans retake American Southwest?

It's not just Mexicans entering illegally

Michelle Malkin's "Invasion"

NOTE: When shopping in WND's online store you have the option of paying with either a credit card or a check.

If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).

Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

He should be removed from more than the baseball field. The man sounds totally illiterate and he's "teaching" our children? No wonder Johnny can't read.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    He should be removed from more than the baseball field. The man sounds totally illiterate and he's "teaching" our children? No wonder Johnny can't read.
    His grammer??? Why are schools hiring such people?

I am going to email the school, and thank them for removing him. Here's an email address...flood them with emails.

info@houstonisd.org

Concerning: Coach Rudy Rios at Cesar Chavez High School

OH, by the way, why is there a school in America, with a name of Cesar Chavez?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I posted something on this yesterday. He was fired as COACH, but still remains at the school teaching English as a Second language, so when you write those letters demand he be fired from that position as well.

Furthermore, the group he was trying to reach needs to know we are a nation of laws...to make this point, they need to press criminal charges against him for STEALING, much as the illegals are stealing our jobs and depressing our wages.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.