http://www.oldright.com/modules.php?nam ... le&sid=397

High Treason: Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA)
by John Newby

The citizens of our great Nation are currently locked in a life and death struggle against a foreign invasion of illegal aliens and our government. The stakes have never been higher or the future more ominous. Don’t be mistaken, our government has plenty of support from internationalists, academia and the media as they continually erode our sovereignty, merging us into a chaos called a New World Order (NWO). Organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), The World Bank, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and United Nations (UN) are leading this charge. Whenever Americans hear the term NWO, they had better run for cover, or better still, stand up and be counted.

The only order associated with NWO is the orderly fleecing of your jobs and money through treaties such as NAFTA, CAFTA and the FTAA. Illegal immigration is fast becoming the demise of our once great country...

While our country was created on the backs of pilgrims, pioneers and those seeking political and religious freedoms; bear in mind it was done in a legal and organized fashion. Those coming came to contribute, work, gain education, and above all, did so legally.

Contrast that today with millions flooding across our borders sapping the healthcare industry which is driving up costs to unpredented levels; driving up auto insurance rates due to the massive numbers of un-insured drivers; taxing our education system to the brink of extinction (that might not be all bad); taking many of the jobs otherwise reserved for entry level high school and college students. In addition, the tag team of Fox and Bush have created Mexico's number one import, American greenbacks flowing south across the border.

Not only are we fighting unconstitutional treaties and illegal immigration, we're fighting ourselves. Let's establish a basis point; great Nations don’t fall, great Nations commit suicide.

I'd like to credit former Colorado Governor Richard Lamm with the following observations. To destroy a Nation, the following must happen:

First, turn your country into a bi-lingual or multi-lingual country. No country can survive the tension and conflict of two primary or competing languages. Secondly, encourage multiculturism making all cultures equal. Tout the line that minority dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Any other explanation, however valid must be discouraged and is simply out of bounds. Thirdly, promote diversity rather than unity. Celebrating our differences rather than celebrating our similarities. Fourth, make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated with nearly 50% dropout rates. This would help to establish the cult of victimnolgy which is funded by large corporations that places the blame on the majority. Lastly, promote dual citizenships and divided loyalties. Stress diversity, as most diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hate, at least when not killing one another. Topping it off, create words to label anyone fighting to control the above, such as 'racist' or 'xenophobe' to halt any and all discussion or debate.

What has happened to the "E Pluribus Unum" (out of many, one) our country was created from? You don't find that thought process on the front pages or the evening news. "Diversity is great," is all you hear and see. Colin Powell recently said; "our common border is no longer a line that divides us, but a region that unites our Nations, reflecting our common aspirations, values and cultures." With friends (?) making statements like these, who needs enemies?

I get comments from readers asking, what are we fighting for or why hang on? To answer that question, I'm reminded of an exchange in "The Lord of the Rings." Frodo asks; "what are we holding on for?" Sam replies: "There is still good in this world and it's worth fighting for."

There is plenty to fight for, but to wage a valiant fight, one must be educated. I'd encourage readers to research this and other information from my columns or those of many others. Don't take my word for it, study it in your mind and ask the hard questions.

One of my favorite quotes sums it up. Judge Learned Hand said, "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women, when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it."

John Newby is the Circulation Director and guest columnist for the Moline Dispatch Publishing Company. You can reach him at jnewby@qconline.com.