Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillary Clinton Blasts President Bush on Border Security!!!!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005 ... 4826.shtml

Monday, July 4, 2005 5:44 p.m. EDT

Hillary Clinton Blasts President Bush on Border Security

2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is blasting President Bush for lax enforcement of the nation's immigration laws, saying the White House has dropped the ball on border security and put the country at risk for another major terrorist attack.

In a statement posted to her newly revamped official Senate Web site, Clinton charges:

"The Bush administration is failing to meet what should be the basic requirements of immigration policy: continuing our American tradition of welcoming immigrants who follow the rules and are trying to build a better life for their families, while strengthening national security in a post 9-11 world."

In a potentially potent bid to win Red State support in 2008, the former first lady is playing the role of tough cop:

"Our current immigration laws need to be reformed," she urges. "We need a better solution to the question of illegal immigration which recognizes the conflict between the need to enforce the law, and the reality that too many employers are using undocumented workers today."

Clinton says that while "this administration has failed to provide the resources to protect our borders, or a better system to keep track of entrants to this country ... I welcome the addition of more border security."

She pins blame for the failure directly on the Oval Office, saying, "President Bush refused to provide the necessary funding in his Fiscal Year 2006 proposed budget sufficient to hire all of the border patrol agents that had been authorized."

"Fortunately," Clinton adds, "during the Senate’s debate on the budget in March of 2005, we passed an amendment to provide increased funding for border patrol agents."

Then, in a none-too-subtle dig at GOP foot-dragging on the immigration issue, Clinton says: "I hope the Republican leadership will support the maintenance of this funding, to provide the resources necessary to properly protect our borders."
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

WRONG Hillary...our current immigration laws need to be ENFORCED!! We have laws in plenty, regulations in plenty, but no political will to enforce them. Excuses, plenty of those also. No effort, however.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Bush deserves to be bashed over illegal immigration but I believe Hillary's criticism is only words to boost here poll numbers for a future run for president. If she were elected she would do absolutely nothing to enforce current laws, or promote any significant new laws to combat the problem. I would assume her solution is more of the same BS of giving amnesty and a promise to do a better job of enforcing the laws in the future, which of course never happens.

Also Hillary we all know your husband Bill wasn't any better when it came to illegal immigration when he was president. How many terrorists entered the country under his watch Mrs. Clinton? How many illegal immigrants came here to steal jobs and leech off our public services? Name something Bill did to stop illegal immigration and combat terrorism Mrs. Clinton? All you do is criticize and offer no substantive solutions to the problem.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah she isn’t running for president already, oh and it’s the Canadian border that she is talking about not the southern border.

Hey Hillary, if you think it’s a real problem then why don’t you present a bill that takes real action towards to REAL border security? Stop talking and do something, oh that’s right she is still a freshman senator that hasn’t introduced anything.

Yeah lets not place any blame on her husband also..

Promethues

Anyone who falls for Hillary's empty rhetoric about illegal immigration must be very naive. What did she have to say on the subject during the 8 years the Clintons were in power? Correct me if I'm wrong, but illegal immigrants flooded into America by the millions, in numbers unprecedented in human history during the Clinton's watch. And the Clinton-for-President campaign in '96 did everything they could to defeat Propostion 187 here in California; the no-welfare-benefits-for-illegals bill. And now this phony Hillary is positioning herself as "anti-illegal immigration" with her empty politicaly rhetoric? What a bad joke. And I ain't laughing.

Don't trust Hillary

She only says things she thinks we want to hear, to further her career. She and Bill pander to anyone and everyone, but help no one.

Tom Tancredo is the Prez for me.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I alluded to the notion that Hillary might beat George to the punch on illegal immigration in a post weeks ago in her quest for the presidency. So I wasn't too surprised when I read she had tried to do so. I say tried because she just wants to appear that way. I don't think she wants any real teeth in it just reform. Anchor babies reform is the only reform we need, the rest of the solution is ENFORCEMENT Hillary. Until you realize that and publically say that, don't bother me with your double talk rhetoric. I've seen how your husband uses it to his advantage. I wasn't born yesterday so don't think you can get away with it either.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

hillary

Hillary
    Emptied-headed sleezebag -politician. What, pray-tel, has she ever accomplished? Zip.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hillaries head is full of mush! Illegal Immigration was just as bad in just the same ways during the Clinton years as both Bush's or Regan's for that matter. Don't forget Ragan made the first mass amnesty of Illegals in 1986, 2.4 million of them. The good economy of the 90's had NOTHING to do with the Clintons either. Can you say "Windows", yes Bill Gates, the computer revolution and the making public of the internet had everything to do with the good old days, not the Clintons. Bill Clinton was far more interested in diddling with the interns. Oh and I forgot the old Cell Phone revolution too. Both of those tech factors drove our economy from 1989 to 2000, or there abouts. I hope those government chumps don't break an arm from slapping them selves on the backs.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott