Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic Baptist Youth Call for Fair Immigration Reform

http://www.tylerpaper.com/site/news.cfm ... 9096&rfi=6

Hispanic Baptist youth call for fair immigration reform
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

04/15/2006

HOUSTON (AP) - A group of about 2,500 Hispanic students who attended a meeting on Saturday sponsored by the Baptist General Convention of Texas urged lawmakers to pass comprehensive and compassionate immigration legislation.

As part of a proclamation read at the end of their three-day meeting, the students urged "President Bush, the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives to pass just and compassionate legislation that addresses stronger border security, respect for the law and a process for citizenship with regard to U.S. undocumented immigrants."

The students represented about 1,200 Hispanic congregations in the state affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, said Frank Palos, director of Hispanic Ministries. The group has 2.5 million members.

"The proclamation was read to encourage the president and other leaders to be fair, to be just, to think of the impact it will have on our Hispanic people for generations to come," Palos said.

The students join protesters who have held rallies around the country the last few weeks urging lawmakers to help an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants settle legally in the United States.

A bill passed by the House would crack down on illegal immigrants and strengthen the nation's border with Mexico. A broader overhaul of immigration law, which included a guest worker program, stalled in the Senate earlier this month.

respect for the law and a process for citizenship with regard to U.S. undocumented immigrants.
    ummmm isn't that an oxymoron?

Yep.....sadly I did have to look it up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    My favorite oxymorons...

Military Intelligence

Jumbo shrimp

Sanitary landfill

Political integrity

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I am a little disappointed to see the Southern Baptists encouraging lawbreaking, maybe little is stating it too nicely.

I am a Independent Baptist, and therefore in my independent ideals, you cannot justify breaking the laws, no matter the reason, and not expect to reap punishment afterwards.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)