Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic Caucus divided on Immigration reform strategy.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/-200885-1.html

CHC Divided on Immigration Reform Strategy
    By Jennifer Bendery
    Roll Call Staff
    Nov. 24, 2010, 6 a.m

Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus are struggling to settle on their priorities for the lame-duck session.

CHC leaders are pressing for action on the DREAM Act in the coming weeks, a measure that would give children who are illegal immigrants a path to citizenship if they go to college or join the military. The leaders are lobbying the outgoing Democratic majority to pass that measure — and that measure alone — in the coming weeks. They have the backing of the White House and Congressional Democratic leaders, who have vowed to bring the proposal to the floor for a vote.

But some CHC members insist that now is the time to take on another contentious immigration proposal that has drawn bipartisan support in the past: AgJOBS, which would grant legal status to up to 1 million illegal immigrant farm workers.

CHC members Raul Grijálva (D-Ariz.), Jim Costa (D-Calif.), Dennis Cardoza (D-Calif.), Ciro Rodriguez (D-Texas) and Rubén Hinojosa (D-Texas) are among the more than two dozen lawmakers who called on House Democratic leaders on Monday to pair AgJOBS with the DREAM Act when it comes to the floor.

“While we continue to believe many components of our immigration laws need reform, we agree that some intermediate solution could be helpful. We strongly believe that any such intermediate solution must contain AgJOBS,â€

No Illegals

Illegals enter our country without visas or ovestay. They create the illegal immigration problem. Therefore, the United States must not reward illegal behavior. All illegals must be deported now.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is NOT about immigration but about demographic hegemony muscle flexing to one day push for an American Canada.

"Their" priorities should be getting packed and returning home.

Banned

STOP IT

These "latino" congress critters should be kicked out of the United States,and bounced right Into Mexico. They seem to be more concerned with their own race,whether they are legally here or not. These Idiots are certified traitors to their own country. What a disgrace that these "latinos" are willing to disregard the wishes of the AMERICAN PEOPLE to push an open borders agenda that Is destroying the very fabric of OUR nation. What a slap In the face to all of the war veterans that gave their lives so we could continue to be a free society. They did not make the ultimate sacrifice to make everything all warm and cozy for people Illegally In our country. They laid down their lives for FELLOW AMERICANS that believe In the rule of law,and that respect the AMERICAN FLAG and what It stands for. They did not give their lives so anchor babies could whine and complain because three AMERICAN CITIZENS wore t-shirts with OLD GLORY on them on SINKO- D - MY - YO... I am sooooo sick of all of this B.S,and It will not be long before THE PEOPLE rise up and begin to stop this nonsense by force If need be... I will fight for my country In the streets enough Is enough.

Re: STOP IT

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    These "latino" congress critters should be kicked out of the United States,and bounced right Into Mexico. They seem to be more concerned with their own race,whether they are legally here or not. These Idiots are certified traitors to their own country. What a disgrace that these "latinos" are willing to disregard the wishes of the AMERICAN PEOPLE to push an open borders agenda that Is destroying the very fabric of OUR nation. What a slap In the face to all of the war veterans that gave their lives so we could continue to be a free society. They did not make the ultimate sacrifice to make everything all warm and cozy for people Illegally In our country. They laid down their lives for FELLOW AMERICANS that believe In the rule of law,and that respect the AMERICAN FLAG and what It stands for. They did not give their lives so anchor babies could whine and complain because three AMERICAN CITIZENS wore t-shirts with OLD GLORY on them on SINKO- D - MY - YO... I am sooooo sick of all of this B.S,and It will not be long before THE PEOPLE rise up and begin to stop this nonsense by force If need be... I will fight for my country In the streets enough Is enough.

Im with you all you all the way respect the American Flag & our country you don't respect Our Country at all you all just want a free ride well it not going to Happen we are all sick of this the latino congree should Be kick Out this is Our country not the Latino I will fight for My Country any time we don't go over & tell you what to do so stay the hell of our country our guys & girls fight for our freedom . so enough
    is enough
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: STOP IT

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    I AM ALSO WITH YOU ON THIS ONE 110%. WHO GIVES A FAT RAT'S @$$ ABOUT THEM GETTING ALL UP IN ARMS ABOUT AMERICAN KIDS WEARING T-SHIRTS WITH THEIR FLAG ON THEM NOW,IF THEY CAN MARCH IN OUR STREETS WAVING THEIR STINKING MEXICAN FLAG IN THE FACE OF MILLIONS OF AMERICAN CITIZENS, THEN THESE KIDS HAD EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO BE PROUD OF OUR STARS AND STRIPES. WHAT A BUNCH OF BS THESE LATIONS ARE STIRRING UP. IT THEY DON'T LIKE IT, THEN GO THE HECK HOME DON'T LET THE DOOR KNOB HIT YOU WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT

BTW, WHY IN THE HELL IS A MEXICAN HOLIDAY BEING CELEBRATED BY SOME AMERICAN CITIZENS ANYWAY AND IF MEXICANS WANT TO CELEBRATE IT, THEN DO IT IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN HOMES THAT IS NOT AN AMERICAN HOLIDAY AND THEREFORE IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ON AMERICAN CALENDERS BUT, ITS THERE JUST BECAUSE OF A COUNTRY FULL OF ILLEGAL MEXICANS. GO FIGURE