Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Hispanic Caucus is Whining Again.

http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2008/1 ... ick_n.html

December 03, 2008
    Hispanic Caucus pushing Rick Noriega for Obama Cabinet

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus, frustrated that just one Latino has been picked for Barack Obama's Cabinet to date, is pushing Houston state Rep. Rick Noriega and 13 other prominent Hispanics for the eight remaining spots in the president-elect's Cabinet.

Reps. Charlie Gonzalez, D-Texas, and Joe Baca, D-Calif., sent a letter yesterday to Obama's transition team on behalf of the Hispanic Caucus recommending that Noriega be considered for the Secretary of Veterans Affairs position. Noriega, a reserve Army officer who has served in Afghanistan, has met with the Obama team in Chicago, our Chronicle collegue Alan Bernstein reported last week. Noriega will be looking for a job in January: He gave up his seat in the Texas House to run unsuccessfully against Republican Sen. John Cornyn.

Among the other Cabinet candidates suggested by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus: Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., for U.S. Trade Representative, Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrion for Housing & Urban Development Secretary, Rep. Linda Sanchez for Labor Secretary and Colorado Rep. John Salazar for Agriculture Secretary.

"We understand that the incoming administration will have a vast pool of talent from which to choose," the CHC letter stated. "The individuals we have endorsed constitute the best talent, while reflecting the diversity that is so valued by President-elect Obama."

While New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, a former Clinton Energy Secretary and U.N. Ambassador, is the only Latino member of Obama's Cabinet announced thus far, the president-elect has chosen Hispanics for two prominent White House positions. Cecilia Munoz will serve as White House director of intergovernmental affairs and Louis Caldera to head the White House Military Affairs Office.

Becerra, a Los Angeles Democrat who has been critical of the North America Free Trade Agreement, is widely believed to be Obama's first choice to serve as U.S. Trade Rep, if he will take the job. And Rep. Raul M. Grijalva, D-Ariz., is considered a top choice for Secretary of the Interior.

CHC Chair Baca told Bloomberg News that Caucus members would "definitely be disappointed" if only one Latino was chosen for the Cabinet. According to Bloomberg, Baca "warned that Obama's legislative agenda could be jeopardized if the president-elect doesn't nominate additional Hispanics."
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Baca "warned that Obama's legislative agenda could be jeopardized if the president-elect doesn't nominate additional Hispanics."
    If you don't do what we say, we won't play with you!!! Waaaaaaaaah!!!

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

What a bunch of loosers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Demands, demands, demands. They marched in our streets demanding amnesty. Now the CHC demands that Obama fill his cabinet with as many hispanics as possible. A little humility might help but I don't think they understand that concept.

A little humility might help but I don't think they understand that concept.
    I heard some question asking why Obama hadn't appointed more hispanics and he said....I have only appointed 1/2 my cabinet.....when it's over you will see I have a diverse cabinet. I'm looking for who's the most qualified, which might be it ends up being an hispanic like Richardson......It's NEVER enough for the hispanics. I mean when you look at all the positions in government they are more than represented. They don't even care if they're qualified to do the job....just get more hispanics in there. It's getting old because they are the FIRST to say too bad, we're the majority, when it comes to attention any other group. Race is the ONLY thing that matters, not who's best for the job.

Seriously, some humility and less complaining might do themselves some good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the CHC is a joke! And I blame them for most of our country's problems!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

If you ask me this is out right black mail!! Who the hell are they going to vote for next time.....a Republican Doubtful!!!

Man these people are really showing their true colors and they are not pretty ones.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)