Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic culture showcased

http://www.tfponline.com/absolutenm/...5271&zoneid=41
    Breaking News:

Hispanic culture showcased

Wednesday, September 27, 2006, at 2:18 p.m.

By Karina Gonzalez
    Staff Writer

Local advocates for the Hispanic community and employees at BlueCross & BlueShield of Tennessee in Chattanooga worked Wednesday setting up window displays on Hispanic history and culture.

La Paz De Dios, a local nonprofit group which helps area immigrants, contributed some of the materials for the window displays which can be seen along the exterior of the Miller building on Market Street.

The window displays, which feature all of the countries in Latin America, are one of several efforts the company is making in observance of Hispanic Heritage Month, which runs through Oct. 15. Some employees will participate in a session next week focusing on the Spanish language.

E-mail Karina Gonzalez at kgonzlez@timesfreepress.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No wonder I feel like I'm living in Mexico....

I guess Blue Cross and Blue Shield think that once the illegals become legal, they can make some money off them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I guess Blue Cross and Blue Shield think that once the illegals become legal, they can make some money off them.
    is paying past medical bills and taxes a requirement to becoming legal?

I meant once they become legal and choose to work and pay taxes like the rest of us, then they may have a job where they are entitled to some healthcare benefits. As for paying taxes if that immigration reform bill comes into effect then they will have to pay back taxes but as we all know they will say they have no money to do it. I hope that bill does not pass.