Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic group denied United Way cash because of political

PITTSBORO, N.C. The Chatham County United Way says in correspondence it denied funding to a Hispanic group in part because of its political advocacy. That's at odds with the public statements of the agency's director.
    In an e-mail sent to a county resident, director Dina Reynolds said board members and donors became concerned about the political activity of the group, Hispanic Liaison, and decided to deny its request for 27-thousand dollars.

Reyolds said yesterday that the rejection was because the Siler City group spent more that the permitted maximum for its administration.

Hispanic Liaison received 20-thousand dollars from the United Way last fiscal year. The agency is the oldest social service agency for Latinos in North Carolina, and serves about five-thousand people per year.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/Global/story.asp ... v=menu70_2

EXTORTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are going to sue a charity because they will not give them money!!! Isn't that extortion? Charities can give money to anyone they want for any reason. They give money based on need and reputation. You can't sue a charity because they will not give you money. Frivolous Lawsuit. I hope the judge smacks some sense into that sue happy organization.

Besides, I bet the United Way has better attorneys!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Dixie wrote:

They are going to sue a charity because they will not give them money!!! Isn't that extortion? Charities can give money to anyone they want for any reason. They give money based on need and reputation. You can't sue a charity because they will not give you money. Frivolous Lawsuit. I hope the judge smacks some sense into that sue happy organization.
    Where did you see anything about a lawsuit? I read the article twice and didn't see anything regarding a planned lawsuit. Do you know something that is not mentioned in the article or am I going blind?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Reyolds said yesterday that the rejection was because the Siler City group spent more that the permitted maximum for its administration.
    It sounds like the administration of this hispanic group decided to pocket more money than was allowed instead of actually using the money to help their people.

MW
    sawdust wrote:

It sounds like the administration of this hispanic group decided to pocket more money than was allowed instead of actually using the money to help their people.
    Truth be known, they were probably diverting some of their funds toward illegal immigrant support rallies and media efforts.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm pathetic.

MW

I must have mixed this up with another article I was reading. That's funny. Really, I need more rest. I'm slipping.

Don't give up on the ACLU yet. That article was a smoke signal.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You're right about that Dixie!

They've been after this $27000 since June.

Hope to see more of this kind of thing. Shut down all funding for these kind of racist groups!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

MW
    Dixie wrote:

I'm pathetic.

MW

I must have mixed this up with another article I was reading. That's funny. Really, I need more rest. I'm slipping.
    Not a problem, Dixie. I was beginning to question these 47 year old eyes of mine though.