Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Hispanic Racism Rears its Ugly Head in US Congress

http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/ ... 0020.shtml

Hispanic Racism Rears its Ugly Head in US Congress
    By Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.
    MichNews.com
    Oct 25, 2005

After reading a newspaper column headlined: Survey reviews Hispanic hiring, Rep. Joe Baca Sr. [D-Rialto, CA] leads task force to ensure corporate America reflects its [Hispanic and Latino] communities, several thoughts came to mind. Information in the article reveals that U.S. House of Representative's Baca has launched a quest to gain 'proportional equivalence' for Hispanics and Latinos in corporate America's hierarchy and board rooms. Outrageously, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus' Corporate America Task Force, led by Baca, has sent a racial indices survey to the top Fortune 100 U.S. companies. It is very evident that the survey and the discussions surrounding it, are patently racist in their intent, evaluation and proposed remedies.

To countermand that intent, it is suggested that corporate America refuse to participate or respond because if they do, they should know by now that their future will include the same kind of blackmail that Jesse Jackson has used. Or is that hispmail they will face? Why would corporate America set themselves up for that kind of future by answering such a divisive survey? Didn't they learn anything from Jesse 'James' Jackson and others of his ilk?

According to Mr. Baca . . . Part of our responsibility is to make sure that [when] we look at corporate America, that its face looks like the way America looks like, . . . As we see the diversity and the changes throughout our country, you see more Latinos and Latinas in our community [many of whom are here illegally]. And we'd like to see corporate America be reflective of that community.(1)

It is outrageously evident that Mr. Baca, who is Hispanic, believes that he and the rest of the Hispanic Caucus are in the US Congress to work on behalf of their ethnic compadres. Therefore their emphasis can only construed as racist. It is not his job, nor the Hispanic Caucus' job, to invest their taxpayer paid time, to promote benefits for one race or ethnic group over another. His job and theirs is to represent ALL of their American constituency, not a select ethnic few.

In counterpoint . . . women represent a 'tad' more than fifty percent of the population, as they have for eons. Do they command 50% of corporate America, or 50% of our American congress for that matter? Just look, for example, at the number of women in the Senate (disgraceful), or sitting on the Supreme Court (ditto). Women in Iraq will have better representation in their congress than women do here in America. Why is it that the Blacks and Hispanics think they have a 'lock' on discrimination? Collectively, they appear to have 'no clue' about the massive determined male dominated discrimination that women in the workplace have experienced for as long as women have worked outside the home! Today it is not so blatant. Now it's more subtle, but the endemic 'glass ceiling' in corporate America has been well documented, and only portends the many roadblocks and detours that women face in rising from the lower echelons of the workplace.

If the Hispanic Caucus were to work for 'proportional equivalence' for women then no one could object on the grounds of racism, since gender cuts across all racial boundaries. Nor could anyone object on the grounds of sexism since the ratio is 50-50 no matter where you live or who you represent, so that no one has the 'upper hand,' so to speak.

Also . . . Many people are still waiting for the time when there is a White Caucus in congress to counter all those other racist caucuses. Oh my, wouldn't that create a massive 'hue and cry' from the non-whites. Why is it racist, xenophobic and bigoted to create a White Caucus while other racist caucuses are allowed to exist, prosper and have political standing?

And, by the way, where is the Women's Caucus? Somehow 'The Congressional Caucus for Women's Issues' doesn't have the same 'punch' that the title of 'Women's Caucus' does. Somehow, 'Women's Issues' seems rather remote and back-handed instead of 'on point.' Because congress is heavily male the same rationale used for creating Black and Hispanic caucuses should be applied to creating a 'Women's Caucus.'

As for the Hispanic Caucus' corporate survey, it was particularly disturbing to read about its intended evaluation goals and targeted issues, as follows: "The survey is expected to evaluate Hispanic representation on corporate boards and among management; review employment and promotion practices; measure procurement between corporations and Hispanic-owned businesses; and look at whether these corporations are giving to Hispanic-related philanthropic efforts."(1)

You will notice, that all of the discovery and evaluation emphasis is based upon the belief and expectation that if or because you are Hispanic or Latino you are some how entitled to be elevated to the upper echelons of corporate America, become recipients of their philanthropy and/or entitled to special considerations. Such a quest is based upon a false and egregious premise. It is especially obnoxious for Hispanics to expect to leverage their 'numbers' to apply some sort of 'clout' in light of the fact that the available pool of Hispanic and Latino employees includes 18 - 20 million Hispanics who are illegal aliens, very poorly educated and speak only Spanish here in an English speaking nation.

Baca's quest for 'forced equality' is just what American needs, more decades of entitlements based on race, raging discussions about reparations, and racist requirements for college entrance, police and fire departments, etc. Why does America allow herself to become a 'punching bag' for such blatant special interests. And why do Hispanic and Latino organizations and congressional task forces believe they should receive entitlements simply because of their 'raza,' which, by the way, is NOT a race. It is so anti-American to expect something you haven't EARNED and particularly egregious to base that expectation on RACE!!!

Lastly . . . regarding the quote by Rep. Robert Menendes, (D-N.J.): "A community that invests a trillion dollars ... should be responded to . . . [and] corporations that are benefiting from the largesse of that community are not investing back in that community."(1) His comments bring to mind several points:

1. Because they are consumers of corporate America's products or services does not make them entitled to anything BUT the product or service.

2. Consumerism does not translate into granting entrée to a job, let alone positions at the top of a corporation.

3. Does that trillion dollars include the 20 billion dollars that will be taken OUT of the American economy this year and sent to Mexico? A figure that does not include the rest of Latin America or other nations.

4. Just exactly where did that 1 trillion dollar figure come from, and exactly what, or in what fashion are those corporations supposed to 'invest?'

5. Or, did Mr. Menendes mean that if Hispanics and Latinos simply purchased and patronized their products and services, they were to then receive, as an EXTRA benefit, a proportional number of jobs? By that rationale, we women consumers should have taken over corporate America, YEARS AGO!

Lest you think that Mr. Menendes is speaking of something other than jobs in return for patronage, "San Bernardino Supervisor Josie Gonzales said companies have been reaching out more to Hispanics, but she doesn't think the numbers in the work force equal the numbers of their customer base."(1)

What needs to be done to stop such a discriminatory agenda? It is suggested that the misguided Baca led Hispanic Caucus' Corporate America Task Force, be immediately disbanded. The project they are pursuing should be dropped, allowing the Hispanic Caucus to get back to their rightful and proper job of advocating for ALL of the diverse peoples of their constituency.

The leadership in House of Representatives should demand the caucus 'cease and desist' with their project and clearly and loudly call for the elimination of such a biased task force. The House should also make it crystal clear that they do NOT approve or officially sanction the blatant, racially motivated agenda being pursued by the Hispanic task force.

Lastly, there should be complaints made by outraged citizens and legislators, to address the Hispanic Caucus' ethnic arrogance, which is an insult to ALL Americans.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The hispaic Congressional caucus representing only the hispanic constituents? That has to be a farce, how could that be? I thought that they looked out for all people in their district, like their oath prescribed!
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

They are not representatives of the people, they are fakes and phoneys pushing elitism of a Caucasian Group. They are most definitely racist by design, activity and objective. This is part of the National Council of La Raza plan to take control of corporate American through the Board Room using their buddies on Congress to do it. This is intimidation of our businesses.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

HYPHENATED AMERICANS UNITE!!!!!!!!

Together we can more effectively splinter into special interest groups for the common good. Therefore I recommend we demand our elected representatives form the following Cauci ( isn't that the plural of caucus?)

Congressional White Male Gun Owners with SUVs Caucus (this is my group)
    Congressional Vegetarian Bicycle Riders Caucus
    Congressional Left Handed Dart Throwers Caucus
    Congressional Druid Glass Blowers Caucus
    Congressional Lesbian Motorcycle Owners who watch Jerry Springer and Name their Breast Caucus
    Congressional Communist Asian Males Who Like Tall Swedish Women and Judy Garland Movies Caucus
    Congressional Save the Trees,Whales,Speckled Newt and Analog TV Caucus
    Congressional Reformed Former Nazi Carpenters Caucus
    Congressional Transvestite Equestrians who Ride Sidesaddle Caucus

Hyphenated Americans now is the time to act, through these special interest cauci we can work for a more splintered America. Join Americans For Special Services (A.S.S.)

Gearhead,

Would I fit into your cacus if I don't have an SUV? I've got several guns and a boss pickup
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

gearhead--Brilliant!! Truly!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Congressional Druid Glass Blowers Caucus

Count me in! Spinal Tap is my favorite movie!

In all seriousness, this is BS.

had_enuf, Well ..... OK but we don't want to get tooooo splintered. LOL

nhantimassredrebel,

In all seriousness, this is BS.
    Some times I don't know whether to laugh or cry, we have a black caucus and now an hispanic caucus, I'm thinking about writing my congressman and telling him if I ever get called to testify before congress I will only appear before a Congressional White Caucus, but only because I couldn't possibly relate to other ethnic groups.

Brian503 posted:

After reading a newspaper column headlined: Survey reviews Hispanic hiring, Rep. Joe Baca Sr. [D-Rialto, CA] leads task force to ensure corporate America reflects its [Hispanic and Latino] communities, several thoughts came to mind. Information in the article reveals that U.S. House of Representative's Baca has launched a quest to gain 'proportional equivalence' for Hispanics and Latinos in corporate America's hierarchy and board rooms.

Rep Joe Baca should visit Miami Fla where the name of the game is 'discriminate against the English speaking'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's ALL CauciMamie BULL!!!

Enuf Already!

Troops to the Borders and Ports

Deport Ilegal Aliens

Do It Now Before It's Too Late

Press NOTHING for English

THIS IS AMERICA FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!

Wake Up!!