Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanics file suit against Hoover

What a crock! Anal (oops, I mean Anel) probably did not have a drivers license or insurance. The other driver should SUE the HELL out of her! The citizens of Hoover ought to sue the Multicultural center for aiding and abetting!

There is no way you will convince me that this officer took and searched her purse unless he had 1. probable cause, or 2. if she gave him permission. This is a set up! I know the man in charge of the Hoover Homeland Security Dept. and he is a super guy.

Illegals, know this, we DO NOT WANT you in Alabama and we will not cow down to your whimpering and arrogance! Het the HELL out of Hoover and the rest of my state!

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/i ... xml&coll=2

Hispanics file suit against Hoover
    Thursday, December 29, 2005
    DAWN KENT
    News staff writer

Hoover police and elected leaders are trying to drive Hispanics out of the city through a pattern that includes racial profiling, illegal searches and unlawful incarceration, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court.

The suit, filed on behalf of Anel Mancero-Ramirez of Alvaro Obregon, Mexico, also claims the city created its Department of Homeland Security and Immigration solely to police the Hispanic population. The department then began a scheme that would force the migration of Hispanics out of Hoover, the suit contends.

The suit seeks to include, as part of a class action, at least 500 others - legal or illegal Hispanic immigrants who have been or may be coerced into pleading guilty to a charge of criminal possession of a forged instrument. The class also would include those who have been subjected to illegal stops, searches, arrests, charges, convictions and sentences.

Attorney George Huddleston III said he wants the court to order the practices stopped and declared unconstitutional. The suit, which also cites excessive fines as part of the pattern, seeks money damages.

"I've spoken to a lot of Hispanics in the area who have indicated to me that this is a commonplace thing," he said.

Mayor Tony Petelos, named as a defendant, said he is not familiar with the suit and declined comment.

Mancero-Ramirez was living in Vestavia Hills in May when she was involved in a minor traffic accident with a non-Hispanic resident in Hoover, the suit says. When police officers arrived, one officer forcibly took her purse and wallet and searched them, without a warrant.

The suit says the officer then removed a card or cards that he alleged were false or forged, and Mancero-Ramirez was arrested and charged with second-degree possession of a forged instrument. She was taken to the Jefferson County Jail and placed there under a "no bond" order signed by Jefferson County District Judge Robert Cahill.

Mancero-Ramirez remained in jail under the "no bond" order for more than 20 days before pleading guilty. She was then released into the custody of agents from the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement and detained at a federal facility in Etowah County until the end of August. She was then taken across the border from Texas to Mexico, where she was abandoned with no money or possessions, the suit says.

The suit names the city, its police department and Cahill, along with Police Chief Nick Derzis. It also names all seven Hoover City Council members.

E-mail: dkent@bhamnews.com
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

You tell 'em, ohflyingone!!

Boy....they know how to get the lawyers, don't they?

I guess we'll have to change the old adage "ambulance chaser" to "hispanic chaser".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Witnesses to the incident probably do not exist...forcibly took her purse and rummaged thru it producing documents? Illegal documents? hmm..
    And upon legal deportation there is a suit? This is going to be interesting.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Ahhhh how come we haven't filed a class action suit against the immigration attorneys for aiding and abetting to illegal immigration-
    this is yet another outrage- they come here and violate our laws and yet they have the nerve to use the race card to sue-
    causing yet more fiancial stress and intimidation to americans

I find it hard to believe

that this officer did this. I smell a set up! The pro illegals are pissed off because Hoover closed their hang out!

I spoke with Sheriff Hale yesterday. He wants people that have had to pay the price of illegals (auto accidents with uninsured aliens, etc.) to contact his office. I think he wants to get figures to show the harm that illegals are causing to our citizens and state. I support him 200 % and told him so!

I am waiting to see if the bills that were proposed in the last legislature get brought back up. Randy Hinshaw and Lea Fite said they will reintroduce them and this time, I want to see Alabamians put their money where their mouth is and SUPPORT THE BILLS!

GO GET 'EM SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!

WE're with ya aaaaaaaall the way!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

sheriff@jeffcosheriff.org

http://www.jeffcosheriff.org/

What if the patriot had a 3-foot-thick pile of news stories about the attrocities illegals commit?

I'll send a news story!!!!!

Go for it!

I wish all the law enforcement agencies in Alabama would send reports to Sheriff Hale about the calls they get involving illegals. Obbob and anyone else that has stories like this from Alabama please post them and I will copy and paste them to Sheriff Hale.

The illegals are stealing anything that is not nailed down when someone moves out of the park that I was living in! Before you could get back to get your decks, awnings, etc. they would steal them! The person that bought the mobile home across from us before we moved had his awning stolen before he could get back to get it! They stole my neighbors tools (they had helped us move our decks).

How many stories have we heard from people about the auto accidents that they have been involved in with illegals and they end up having to foot the bill because the illegals have no drivers license and insurance? If it was an American citizen that did not have a license or insurance they would haul us off to jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the American Citizens that are BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!

Hey Obbob

Thanks for posting the email addy and web site for the Jefferson County Sheriffs Dept. Lets start sending stories from Alabama!

Why limit stories to those from Alabama?

Illegals are transient.

The problem is nation-wide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast